Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Protect your second property in Belgium with holiday home insurance.

Famous for its chocolate, waffles, and picture-postcard landscapes, Belgium is a hub for holiday homeowners. If you’re considering buying a second property there, you’ll first want to mitigate against risks that may arise while you’re away. For instance, a leaking tap that turns into a burst pipe. Or a storm that makes your property uninhabitable for paying guests. In many cases, our Belgium holiday home insurance and holiday let insurance can help keep you safe.

To learn more about the cover included in our policies, contact our dedicated customer service team on 0345 111 0680, or get a quote online in minutes.

Get a Quote Now +

What is Belgium holiday home insurance?

Belgium holiday home insurance is designed to help protect your finances if something goes wrong at your second property. It could be a structural issue, a problem with the water system, or a high-value item stolen.

We also cover against natural disasters, which could be critical given that Belgium has experienced severe flooding in the past.1 Realities like this are part of why holiday home insurance exists and why we also protect against earthquakes and storms.

Choose Intasure, and you’ll be covered whether your property is occupied or not. This includes for unoccupied cover for up to 60 days for loss metered oil and water. Intasure also provide up to £5 million in public liability insurance, which could prove very useful for property owners abroad.

What does holiday home insurance Belgium cover?

Belgium holiday home insurance includes buildings and contents protection, similar to your primary home insurance policy. We also provide protection specific to holiday homes, including cover for letting out your property and emergency travel cost cover.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Buildings and Contents Cover

Unfortunately, there are risks to being a holiday homeowner. No more so than you’re away from the property, given that there’s no one there to resolve issues. Whether it’s a flood that destroys a kitchen, or an opportunistic burglar who steals your high-value belongings, buildings and contents cover can act as an essential safeguard.

Under our standard policy, you’ll receive protection against:

  • Damage to buildings due to natural disasters, such as storms, fires, or lightning.
  • Loss or damage to buildings caused by falling aerials, solar panels, satellite dishes, and fittings.
  • Optional accidental damage to underground services to the holiday home for which you are legally responsible.
  • Protection against damage during short or long-term lettings.
  • Theft of personal property, money (up to £250), or valuables.
  • Optional accidental damage to household goods such as fixed glass and sanitary fixtures.
  • Optional cover for lost or stolen keys.

Public Liability Cover

Renting out your holiday home can be a great way to generate extra income, but there are additional risks to consider. For instance, a guest could damage an expensive painting or spill wine on your new carpet. We offer up to £5 million in public liability insurance in these scenarios. Public liability cover can also help pay for legal costs and compensation fees should a guest or third party sue you for damages, such as an injury sustained to themselves walking downstairs.

Emergency Travel Costs Cover

It’s never a bad thing to prepare for the worst-case scenario, particularly if you plan on spending parts of the year at your primary residence. It is paramount then that you get to your second home if an issue arises, so you can take reassurance from the fact that we offer emergency travel expenses in the event of an insured claim. We can also provide alternative accommodation if your property is uninhabitable when you get there.

Loss of Rent Cover

If your Belgium holiday home is rendered uninhabitable following a disaster and paying guests can’t stay in the property, we can cover loss of confirmed rent.

Unoccupancy Cover

We cover you whether your house is occupied or not. There is protection against loss of metered water and oil when your property is unoccupied for up to 60 days.

What types of properties can I cover?

From grand country houses to chic modern apartments in Bruges, Belgium has an endless mix of holiday homes. Here are the property types we cover:

  • Flats and apartments
  • Houses
  • Cottages
  • Chalets

How much does holiday home insurance in Belgium cost

The cost of house insurance depends on several factors, including:

  • The size of your property – larger properties typically incur higher insurance costs. This is also true if you have extra facilities, such as a pool or hot tub.
  • The age and upkeep of your property – modern properties often cost less to insure.
  • The contents in your property – if you have high-value belongings in your house, there’s a good chance you’ll pay more for insurance.

Why choose Intasure?

Intasure maintain awareness of the changing regulations and rules in overseas markets, enabling us to adapt our policies when needed. Other benefits to choosing Intasure include:

  • Specialist knowledge of insuring properties in Belgium, including local laws.
  • An English speaking customer service team.
  • Quick service get a quote and buy a policy online.
  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability.

Don’t be afraid to discuss complex property-related or regulatory issues with one of our customer service team today.

Holiday Home Belgium Insurance FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

What does Belgium holiday home insurance not cover?2022-04-11T16:51:51+01:00

Intasure offer a series of insurance services; however, we do have a few exceptions, including:

  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship or defective design.
  • Damage caused by a pet.
  • Malicious damage by persons lawfully in the home.
Do I need both buildings and contents insurance for my holiday home in Belgium?2022-04-11T16:50:37+01:00

Buildings and contents insurance isn’t a legal requirement. However, if you’re away from your property throughout the year, you might want a policy that protects against financial risks.

Is holiday home insurance required in Belgium?2022-04-11T16:50:02+01:00

Like many other countries, house insurance isn’t legally required in Belgium. However, it’s something to consider when safeguarding your home against risks.

See what our customers are saying about Intasure

Get an insurance quote for your holiday home today or contact our UK team on 0345 111 0680 for more information.

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top