Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Protect your second property in Finland with holiday home insurance.

Finland. Home to the northern lights, thousands of lakes, and, of course, some of the most picturesque snow scenes you can imagine. It’s no wonder people who live here are ranked the happiest on the planet!

Are you looking to buy a second home in Finland? Great choice! But before you get going, you’ll want to understand the risks involved and mitigate against issues arising when your property is left unattended. Since every property is different, the risks vary, and there are local regulations to consider.

But you needn’t spend hours scrolling through websites. Leave it all to the Intasure team. Our Finland holiday home insurance can help keep your prized possession safe from financial risks whether you’re at the property or not. And if you’re looking to rent out your property to paying guests, make sure to check out our holiday let insurance.

To learn more about the cover included in our policies, contact our dedicated customer service team or get a quote online.

Get a Quote Now +

What is Finland holiday home insurance?

Finland holiday home insurance protects your second property against damage or loss arising from risks. For instance, natural disasters.

Finland is prone to avalanches, landslides, storm surges, and winter storms. Landslides are also common in the south and west. If any natural disasters strike, you can rest assured that Intasure’s holiday home insurance can pay for repairs. But that’s not all.

We also offer up to £5 million public liability protection following insured claims. In practice, this means financial security in situations where a guest is injured at your property, or a burst pipe renders the space unhabitable, for example.

What does holiday home insurance Finland cover?

We provide building and contents cover as part of our standard package. This is good news as it can save you more money than paying for two policies separately. Other forms of cover are available, too, including emergency travel expenses and public liability protection.

Buildings and Contents Cover

There are several risks to your property while you’re away. A natural disaster could damage the structure of your holiday home, or an opportunistic burglar could steal your belongings.

In any case, our buildings and contents cover can safeguard your finances from the following risks:

  • Damage to buildings or contents due to natural disasters, such as avalanches, floods, and earthquakes.

  • Escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances, such as washing machines or dishwashers.

  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.

  • Accidental damage to sanitary fixtures, etc.*

  • Theft of personal property, money (up to £250), and valuables.

*Please refer to your policy details. Accidental damage cover is an optional extra you can add to your policy.

Public Liability Cover

There can be great value in letting out a holiday home in Finland. However, a handful of genuine risks come with housing guests. That’s why Intasure offer public liability cover up to £5 million. Rest assured that if a guest damages your belongings or is injured on your property, following an insured claim, we can help. This protection also pays for legal costs and compensation fees if you’re deemed liable for damage, harm, or loss. 

Emergency Travel Costs Cover

We cover your emergency travel costs if a disaster arises at your holiday home while you’re out of the country, such as structural damage or a burst pipe. Following a claim, we also provide alternative accommodation if your property is rendered unhabitable.

Loss of Rent Cover

Following a claim, we can cover any loss of rent if you can’t let out your property due to severe damage.

Unoccupancy Cover

The very nature of a second home means you’re not always going to be at the property. As such, you’ll have protection when your property is unoccupied for up to 60 days.

How much does holiday home insurance in Finland cost?

House insurance costs vary depending on several factors that include:

  • The property location – if your holiday home is in Lapland, Helsinki, or a popular ski resort, you’ll likely pay a higher premium.
  • The property size – the larger the property, the more you’ll pay. Also, if your property has an outbuilding, such as a pool or hot tub, you can expect to receive a higher premium.
  • The property age – modern properties that need little-to-no improvements typically cost less to insure.
  • The building materials – if your property is made from specific materials that cost more to replace in the event of a disaster, you can expect to pay a higher premium.

What property types can I cover?

From luxurious ski chalets to chic contemporary apartments in Helsinki, Finland has a world of choice when buying a second property. As such, our holiday home policy extends to:

  • Chalets with hot tubs
  • Cottages
  • Apartments/flats
  • Houses

Why choose Intasure?

At Intasure, it’s our goal to stay in tune with the ever-changing rules of overseas insurance markets. What’s more, we are in regular contact with Finnish authorities, so your policy is always in line with foreign property regulations. Here are a few other reasons to choose Intasure:

  • We have specialist knowledge of insuring properties in Finland, including local laws and insurance requirements.
  • Our customer service team are English-speaking and UK-based.
  • We can tailor our protection with optional forms to suit your requirements.
  • We offer high cover levels, including up to £1 million buildings protection and £5 million public liability.

Since all our agents are UK-based and speak English, you can relax knowing there won’t be a communication breakdown. See for yourself. Talk to our staff today if you have questions about insuring a holiday home in Finland.

Get a Quote Now +

To get a quote with Intasure today fill out our online quote form or give us a call!

Holiday Home Finland Insurance FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

What does Finnish holiday home insurance not cover?2022-03-17T17:17:36+00:00

There are a few exceptions to our Finland holiday home insurance, including:

  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship or defective design.
  • Damage caused by a pet.
  • Malicious damage by persons lawfully in the home.

If your property is left unoccupied for more than 60 days, or isn’t furnished.

Can Intasure holiday home insurance cover non-UK residents?2022-03-17T17:16:52+00:00

Yes, Intasure holiday home insurance can cover non-UK residents who own property in Finland.

Do I legally need holiday home insurance in Finland?2022-03-17T17:16:19+00:00

Holiday home insurance isn’t mandatory in Finland. However, considering the risks posed by natural disasters, burglars, and guests, it is worth thinking about.

Intasure Customer Reviews

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top