Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Home » Holiday home insurance » Gibraltar

Did you know that Gibraltar’s Upper Rock Nature Reserve constitutes around 40 per cent of the country’s total land area? And with neighbouring Marbella and Malaga offering up even more natural sights, it makes for one of the best bases in Europe. So perhaps it’s no wonder many Brits buy a holiday home here each year

If you’re sold on Gibraltar, you may first want to familiarise yourself with holiday home insurance. You’ll find information about our policy on this page, including the laws surrounding owning property on the Iberian Peninsula. We also offer holiday lets insurance, if you’re planning to welcome paying guests.

Get an instant quote below or carry on reading to find out more.

Get a Quote Now +

What is Gibraltar holiday home insurance?

Gibraltar holiday home insurance provides cover for second properties across the British territory. There are likely to be months when your holiday home isn’t occupied, which can pose additional risks. It could be an opportunistic burglar who strikes when you’re away or an electrical issue that requires immediate repairs. Whatever crisis arises at your property, our holiday home insurance ensures you’re never left out of pocket, and your investment is protected.

Our policy can protect you whether you’re staying at the property or not, offering buildings and contents cover up to £1 million. Additionally, if you rent the property to paying guests, our public liability cover can safeguard you from legal claims up to £5 million — this could prove invaluable should someone injure themselves while staying there.

What does Gibraltar holiday home insurance cover?

You’ll know what buildings and contents protection typically covers if you have a residential home insurance policy for your primary property. Our holiday home insurance policy offers both forms of cover as standard. And as previously mentioned, public liability cover is included for owners that welcome guests. We will explore this in more detail below.

Buildings and contents insurance

Our buildings and content insurance offers*:

  • Up to £1 million buildings cover.
  • Protection from damage to the building or its contents due to natural disasters, such as fires, storms, floods, and earthquakes (location dependent).
  • Cover against escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances for up to 60 days if left vacant.
  • Cover against theft.
  • Cover against accidental damage to household goods, fixed glass, sanitary fixtures.

* Please refer to your policy details.

Public liability cover

Public liability cover up to £5 million is available for property owners that welcome paying guests. This protection can be critical in situations where a guest slips, trips, or falls due to negligence. If a claim for compensation arises, liability insurance covers these costs, paying for expenses like medical bills and legal fees. It is your responsibility as a landlord to maintain the safety of your guests, so it’s worth carefully considering how public liability insurance could help.

Emergency travel costs

Gibraltar isn’t far from the UK by air, but flights are often costly at late notice. We offer emergency travel expenses up to £1,500 in situations where you need to claim money back after an insured event.

Loss of rent cover

Following a damages claim that renders your property uninhabitable, our policy reimburses lost rental income for confirmed bookings.

Cost of alternative accommodation cover

If property damage is severe, you might need to stay elsewhere. Our holiday home insurance pays for you and your family to find alternative accommodation while the necessary repairs are carried out.

Unoccupancy cover

Your property is covered with Intasure whether it’s occupied or not. Metered oil and water are covered for up to 60 days when your property is left vacant.

What Gibraltar property types can I cover?

We cover multiple property types with our insurance, from seaside villas to apartments. Here’s a list of the properties we deal with:

  • Villas with pools and hot tubs
  • Townhouses
  • Apartments

How much does Gibraltar holiday home insurance cost?

There are various factors which impact the cost of holiday home insurance in Gibraltar. We have outlined some considerations below:

  • The size of your property – properties with larger footprints tend to cost more to insure.
  • The age of your property – older, less well-maintained properties typically have higher premiums.
  • The contents stored in your property – high-value belongings stored in your property drive up the insurance price.

Why choose Intasure?

Intasure understands what matters most to holiday homeowners. As such, our policies are shaped around our customers’ needs and include several benefits:

  • Knowledge of insuring properties in Gibraltar – understanding the rules and requirements.
  • Protection whether your property is occupied or not.
  • Cost of emergency travel following a major claim.
  • Loss of rent protection following a claim.
  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability.
  • An English-speaking customer service team.

Get in touch with our dedicated team today to discuss your needs or get a quick quote below.

Gibraltar Holiday Home Frequently Asked Questions

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

What isn’t covered with Gibraltar holiday home insurance?2022-05-23T11:37:01+01:00

Our policy offers a broad scope of cover, but there are a few exemptions due to local rules and regulations, including:

  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship or defective design.
  • Damage caused by a pet.
  • Malicious damage by persons lawfully in the home.
Do I need both buildings and contents insurance for my holiday home?2022-05-23T11:36:08+01:00

Some mortgage providers require you to purchase buildings insurance when applying for a mortgage. Contents insurance is typically optional, but it can safeguard you in scenarios where your belongings are lost, stolen, or damaged.

Do I legally need holiday home insurance for my property in Gibraltar?2022-05-23T11:35:13+01:00

Holiday home insurance isn’t a legal requirement in Gibraltar; however, there are several serious reasons why you might want to buy protection. You could ask yourself this question: could you pay costs associated with compensation claims or structural damage following an incident?

Intasure Customer Reviews

Don’t forget, our customers will only ever deal with a UK-based team when it comes to making a claim, so why not get a quote with Intasure today?

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top