Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Home » Holiday home insurance » Luxembourg

Luxembourg might be small, but did you know it’s a country that’s big on adventure? It’s true. You’ll find beautiful architecture, rich history, and enough mesmerising landscapes to keep you busy.

That’s why Luxembourg is an attractive holiday home destination. If you’re one of the lucky ones, why not speak to Intasure about holiday home insurance? Our specialist policies can help ensure that you’re adequately covered, whether you’re occupying the property or not. If you rent your property out we can also offer holiday let insurance

To find out more, get a quote today!

Get a Quote Now +

What is Luxembourg holiday home insurance?

Buying a second home can be an exciting process, but it’s not without risks. Unlike your primary residence, it’s common for owners to leave their holiday homes unoccupied for long periods.

A Luxembourg holiday home insurance policy can act as a safety net if something goes wrong while you’re away from your second property. How? By helping covering costs arising from theft, damage, loss, and other disasters. Investing in holiday home insurance can offer you reassurance that these risks can be covered.

What does Luxembourg holiday home insurance cover?

Luxembourg holiday home insurance features much of the same protection present on primary residence policies. For instance, buildings and contents protection— which can be essential for safeguarding fixtures, fittings, possessions, and your home’s structure.

But second home insurance in Luxembourg goes one step further. It offers public liability protection, emergency travel cover, loss of rent insurance, and more, which we’ll discuss further down the page. In addition, you’ll have cover whether you’re at the property or not.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

We roll up buildings and contents insurance into one policy as standard. Our cover extends to pools, outbuildings, and garages — which could be handy if you’ve got a sizeable plot of land in Luxembourg.

What else is covered under our buildings and contents protection?*

  • Damage to buildings or contents due to natural disasters such as storms, floods, or fires.
  • Escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers.
  • Theft of personal property, money (up to £250) and valuables.
  • Accidental damage to underground services to the holiday home for which you are legally responsible.
  • Protection against damage during short or long-term lettings.
  • Accidental damage to household goods, such as fixed glass, sanitary fixtures.
  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.
  • Optional cover for lost or stolen keys.

* Please refer to your policy details.

Public Liability Cover

Let out your holiday home, and you could generate a healthy revenue stream. But have you thought about the dangers of welcoming guests into your property? Suppose accidents lead to broken possessions, injury, or illness — these could all have potentially costly consequences.

To help safeguard against such events, we offer public liability cover up to £5 million as part of our Luxembourg holiday home insurance policy. That means any legal fees or compensation costs you’re required to pay are covered if you’re found liable for damage, harm, or loss.

Emergency Travel Cover

Luxembourg isn’t a million miles away, however flights can often be expensive at the last minute. This isn’t ideal when there’s an emergency at your property. So, to help ease the stress if an issue does arise, we offer cover that reimburses your travel expenses following a claim.

Loss of Rent Cover

Imagine a natural disaster occurs, rendering your second home unsafe for house guests. It could have enormous consequences for your rental income. However, with Intasure’s loss of rent cover, we reimburse you for the confirmed bookings that would have gone ahead. What’s more, our buildings and contents insurance will pick up the cost of repairs following a successful claim.

Unoccupancy Cover

Planning to spend time away from your holiday home? No problem. Choose Intasure, and you’ll have protection whether you are at the property or not. We also cover for up to 60 days unoccupancy when there is escaped metered water or oil.

What property types can I cover?

Whether you choose a city apartment in Stadt Luxemburg or somewhere more remote, we can arrange comprehensive holiday home insurance tailored to your property. We typically protect the following property types in Luxembourg:

  • Flats and apartments
  • Houses

How much does Luxembourg holiday home insurance cost?

Several factors impact the cost of your holiday home insurance, including:

  • The size of your property – the larger the property, the higher the premium you pay.
  • The age and condition of your property – a modern dwelling with no need for renovations typically receive lower premiums.
  • The contents within your property – if there are several high-value possessions in your property, insurance prices may be higher.
  • The facilities on your property’s land – extra facilities, such as swimming pools or outbuildings, can push up the cost of your premium.

Why choose Intasure?

Choose Intasure, and you can have comprehensive cover for your Luxembourg property, even when you’re not there.

A few other reasons to choose Intasure:

  • Specialist knowledge of the rules and regulations surrounding insuring properties in Luxembourg.
  • An English-speaking customer service team.
  • £1 million buildings and contents cover, £5 million public liability cover.
  • Cover for damages to outbuildings, such as garages or swimming pools.
  • Emergency travel expenses after a major claim.

Luxembourg Holiday home insurance FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions aren’t a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

Do I need holiday home insurance to rent out my Luxembourg property?2022-05-23T12:15:35+01:00

No, you don’t technically need holiday home insurance to rent out your property in Luxembourg — but it can be advantageous. This policy can safeguard you against the financial risks associated with housing guests, such as accidental damage and injury. It can also protect you in the event of a natural disaster.

Do I need both buildings and content insurance for my holiday home in Luxembourg?2022-05-23T12:14:44+01:00

You aren’t legally required to purchase either of the above covers in Luxembourg. However, it’s worth bearing in mind that many mortgage providers may ask you to hold buildings insurance as a minimum. Aside from what’s expected, it’s also worth considering the consequences of not having sufficient insurance in place. For instance, contents insurance protects the cash you take on holiday, home furnishings, expensive possessions, and more.

Intasure Customer Reviews

Our years of experience and dedicated UK-based claims team means we are sure you will be happy with our holiday home insurance policies. Get an insurance quote for your holiday home today or contact our UK team on 0345 111 0680 for more information.

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top