Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Sweden is a prosperous country recognised for its high standard of living, offering visitors sophisticated modern cities, medieval ruins, and unique cuisine. It’s no wonder then that it’s become a haven for holiday homeowners!

The Nordic country is famous for its striking natural beauty. From untouched islands to pristine forests, Sweden is the perfect place for a peaceful break away from the stresses of everyday life.

If you own a holiday home in Sweden or are in the process of buying one, Intasure can help. We offer holiday home insurance and holiday let insurance policies to help protect your prized asset against both natural and human risks. Get a quote below.

Get a Quote Now +

What is Swedish holiday home insurance?

Swedish holiday home insurance is a policy designed to help financially protect you against the unique risks of owning property in Sweden. The policy provides cover for both the building and contents of your second property.

What do you imagine when you think of Sweden in winter? Your first thought is probably cold days filled with snow, right? Sweden’s weather typically lives in the extremes. For instance, in the far northern reaches, the sun doesn’t set in June, and inhabitants face round-the-clock darkness in January.

With such variable conditions, it’s no wonder that many second homeowners in Sweden rely on holiday home insurance to help keep their property safe. Factor in the risks that arise from renting out your holiday property, and there are more than enough reasons to consider insurance.

What does Sweden holiday home insurance cover?

Whether you let your holiday home out to guests, offer it up to friends and family, or keep it all to yourself, holiday home insurance can protect you from several risks. Intasure’s most basic form of protection comprises buildings and contents cover, which works similarly to your current residential home insurance protection.

There are a whole host of risks involved with renting your home out to paying guests. That’s why our policies include public liability insurance which can cover homeowners if a claim for compensation arises. Our policies offer up to £5 million protection.

If that wasn’t enough, our Sweden holiday home insurance can cover emergency travel costs, loss of rent, and alternative accommodation following an insured claim. Keep reading to learn more.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Our Sweden holiday home insurance comes with buildings and contents cover as standard. The policy includes protection against accidental damage to your buildings and contents, as well as theft. Coupling buildings and contents cover allows us to offer you a more complete insurance package.

What is buildings and contents cover?

Buildings insurance can safeguard the structure of your home, including any outbuildings used for domestic purposes. This might be a pool house located within the grounds of your home. In contrast, contents cover protects the items within your property, including any money stored on site.

Our buildings and contents cover offers the following protection:

  • Damage to buildings due to natural disasters, such as avalanches, floods, and earthquakes (depending on location).
  • Escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances, such as washing machines or dishwashers.
  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.
  • Cover for theft, which you can extend to cover guests.
  • Accidental damage (optional extra).
  • Optional cover available for pedal bikes.

Public Liability Cover

Many homeowners in Sweden rent out their holiday property as an additional income stream. If you’re looking to do the same thing, you should consider having sufficient public liability cover.

Why? Well, imagine a guest is injured by falling on damaged flooring inside your property, or becomes ill. It’s possible they might sue you and demand compensation in return for your negligence. In these cases, public liability protection can cover legal costs accrued while defending yourself. It also helps protect you if a guest damages your property or is alleged to have stolen belongings. Intasure’s public liability cover for holiday homes in Sweden offers up to £5 million in protection.

Emergency Travel Cover

There’s always the possibility that a crisis might arise when you’re not present at your holiday home in Sweden. If this is the case, it can be useful having an insurance policy that reimburses you for expenses incurred while resolving the situation.

We’ll help with your emergency travel costs are covered following an insured claim, including plane tickets, so you’re never out of pocket when it comes to rectifying a disaster. That’s one less thing to worry about.

Loss of Rent Cover

For some, renting out their holiday home is more than a bonus; it is a financial necessity. So, imagine your property becomes uninhabitable for guests—you could lose out on thousands of pounds of income. But not with Intasure, our loss of rent insurance covers your costs following an insured claim if you can’t accommodate guests.

Cover for Alternative Accommodation

Moreover, you might have to vacate your property mid-stay if damages are bad enough. In these scenarios, our alternative accommodation cover steps in and can cover hotel costs while your home undergoes repairs.

Year-round Unoccupancy Cover

With an Intasure holiday home insurance policy, you’ll have cover whether the property is occupied or not, including for up to 60 days for loss of metered water and oil.

What does Swedish holiday home insurance not cover?

We’ve ensured that our cover includes a wide range of risks to help keep your holiday home safe. There are, however, some exemptions that apply, including:

  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship or defective design.
  • Damage caused by a pet.
  • Malicious damage by persons lawfully in the home.
  • If your property is left unoccupied for more than 60 days, or not sufficiently furnished.

Please see the policy wording for full list of exclusions and conditions.

What Swedish properties can I cover?

You might choose to live in a remote woodland cottage, a modern apartment in trendy Stockholm, or a house by the sea. In any case, we offer insurance for a wide variety of properties, including:

Why choose Intasure?

Here are some of the main benefits to purchasing Intasure’s Sweden Holiday Home Insurance:

  • Specialist knowledge of insuring properties in Sweden – understanding local rules and requirements.
  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability.
  • Policies customised with optional additional covers.
  • Cover whether occupied or not for up, including for loss of metered water or oil for up to 60 days.
  • Emergency travel and alternative accommodation cover.
  • English-speaking, UK-based customer service team.

Sometimes it’s stressful dealing with a claim when away from your property. But there’s no need to worry. Choose Intasure, and you’ll always deal with an English-speaking representative. They’ll help with arranging cover, making modifications, and raising claims. They’re here if you simply want to ask a few questions, too!

Holiday Home Insurance Sweden – FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

How much does holiday home insurance in Sweden cost?2022-03-11T15:31:06+00:00

This will depend on several factors, which include:

  • The size of your holiday home – larger homes are typically more expensive to insure.
  • The age of your property – new, well-maintained properties often attract lower premiums.
  • The type of property you own – for example, an outbuilding can influence the premium quoted.
Can Intasure holiday home insurance cover non-UK residents?2022-03-11T15:16:17+00:00

Yes, you don’t need to be a UK resident. Get in touch with our team and we’ll discuss how we can assist you.

Do I legally need holiday home insurance in Sweden?2022-03-11T15:15:37+00:00

No, you don’t legally require holiday home insurance for your property in Sweden. The more involved answer is that insurance can protect you against several risks that holiday homeowners regularly face, including damage, loss of rent, and allegations from guests that might otherwise cost you thousands of pounds in legal fees.

Intasure Customer Reviews

Don’t forget, our customers will only ever deal with a UK-based team when it comes to making a claim, so why not get a quote with Intasure today?

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top