French Property Insurance

France is loved by many for a number of reasons, including its stunning countryside, wonderful beaches, and charming market towns. France is a magnet for UK holidaymakers. Many choose to invest in homes, static caravans, and park homes in France, whether for holidays or permanent use.

Just like homes and caravans in the UK, you may want to protect your property from a range of potential hazards, from natural disasters like floods and storms to damage caused by letting them out.

Holiday home insurance in France

Whether you’re living in France permanently or have decided to make it your regular home-from-home, you have options for financially protecting your asset.

Why do I need insurance?

Holiday home insurance in France is there to help protect your finances against problems like fire and flood damage, theft, or accidental damage.

With a mortgage you may need to demonstrate to your lender that you have suitable home insurance. That’s why it can help to talk to a provider that understands French holiday home insurance and can provide cover for your home and your personal property.

When looking for suitable cover for your French property, it’s important to understand what protection is available. For example, many villas in the south of France have swimming pools, garages or outbuildings, all of which can be covered with Intasure as part of your French property insurance policy.

Profiting from your investment

If you’ve invested in a static caravan, park home or holiday home in France, you might not be using it all the time. So while you’re not there, you may consider renting it out as a holiday let to earn additional income

French property insurance – what is covered?

Benefits of our cover include:

  • Emergency travel

    Emergency travel expenses after a major claim

  • Protection

    Protection against damage during short or long term lets

  • Loss of rental

    Loss of rental income following an insured claim

  • Cover

    Cover when unoccupied

  • Additional cover

    Additional cover for hot tubs, pools, and outbuildings

Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.

Find out more with Intasure

With over 20 years of experience in providing holiday home insurance in the UK and across Europe, we’re specialists when it comes to offering policies for holiday homes.

The holiday home insurance we provide has been designed with the needs of holiday homeowners in mind. Post Brexit, we have developed a solution which enables us to continue to service the needs of our customers who may reside in the EEA. As a trading name of Arthur J Gallagher Nordic AB, Intasure can arrange insurance for UK nationals and EU passport holders residing in the EEA.

Our team is here to assist and will go through the policy with you to help make sure it suits your needs.

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Using the specialist knowledge of our team, our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

An insurance solution for expat homeowners.

Insurance for UK expats looking to protect their homes.

Protect your holiday home.

Protect your let property in the UK.

Helpful articles from Intasure