Exemptions and Restrictions
While Intasure offers expat home insurance across Europe and further afield, certain countries are excluded. Here are a few other things to keep in mind:
- We cannot offer cover for properties in Turkey.
- The Italian Government requires a Codice fiscale (NI number equivalent) to secure house insurance.
- You must be a UK citizen or EU passport holder to qualify for expat home insurance.
Please check our policy wording for the full details of cover, or get in touch with the Intasure team, and we’d be happy to answer any questions.
Why choose Intasure for expat insurance?
Intasure has more than 15 years’ experience providing property insurance for expats. Our coverage is broad, and our English-speaking customer service team are on-hand to deliver a friendly, seamless service throughout the insurance process. But there are many more reasons to choose Intasure, too, some of which we’ve highlighted below:
- We’re specialists in expat insurance.
- Your policy can be tailored to your requirements with optional cover.
- Up to £1 million buildings insurance and £5 million public liability cover.
- Cover during exchange of contracts and completion.
- Cover for swimming pools and outbuildings
- Unoccupied cover of up to 60 days for loss of metered water and oil.
- Accidental damage, theft, and loss cover available.*
* Please refer to your policy details, accidental damage cover is an optional extra which can be included in your policy.
Expat Home Insurance FAQs
Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.