Home insurance in Portugal for EU Residents

Portugal is a unique country with a personality all of its own. It’s home to beautiful Atlantic coastline and some exceptional holiday hotspots, making it a hugely popular tourist destination.

While some may be happy to spend a couple of weeks in a hotel, many choose to buy their own holiday home or static caravan in Portugal.

That’s a big investment, so if you’re looking for cover, we can help you find suitable property insurance for Portugal holiday homes and static caravans

Why should I consider home insurance in Portugal?

Like with any home, if something happens to damage either the building itself or your contents, you may want a financial safety net. Holiday home insurance for properties in Portugal can help to keep both the building and contents protected.

Even if you spend most of the time elsewhere, our Portuguese holiday home insurance can help protect your assets when the house is vacant. In addition, if you decide to rent it out to earn extra income, our holiday home policy includes public liability cover.

Purchasing property insurance in Portugal

When looking for suitable cover for your holiday home in Portugal, it can be beneficial to understand what protection you’re after. For example, you might want to consider protecting your home against theft, escape of water, and storms. You may also have a few extras that need protecting, such as a swimming pool and hot tub.

Benefits of Intasure’s overseas holiday home insurance include:

  • 20 countries

    Cover in more than 20 countries and territories

  • Public liability

    cover up to £5 million

  • Cover for

    both long-term and short-term lets

  • Emergency travel

    Emergency travel following a claim

  • Protection for

    swimming pools

  • Accommodation

    Temporary accommodation cover

  • Claims team

    In-house claims team

Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.

Find out more with Intasure

With over 20 years of experience in providing holiday home insurance in the UK and across Europe, we’re specialists when it comes to offering policies for holiday homes.

The holiday home insurance we provide has been designed with the needs of holiday homeowners in mind. Post Brexit, we have developed a solution which enables us to continue to service the needs of our customers who may reside in the EEA. As a trading name of Arthur J Gallagher Nordic AB, Intasure can arrange insurance for UK nationals and EU passport holders residing in the EEA.

Our team is here to assist and will go through the policy with you to help make sure it suits your needs.

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Using the specialist knowledge of our team, our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure
on reviews.io*


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

An insurance solution for expat homeowners.

Insurance for UK expats looking to protect their homes.

Protect your holiday home.

Protect your let property in the UK.

Helpful articles from Intasure