Protecting your client’s holiday home & static caravan in the UK and overseas

With a policy designed specifically for second homeowners in the UK and overseas, the official BIBA holiday home insurance scheme can provide suitable cover that owners of holiday homes, second homes and static caravans may need for this wide variety of property types.

BIBA holiday home insurance scheme is a British product specifically created for owners of holiday and second homes in the UK and over 40 countries overseas. Whether the property is left unoccupied when not in use or, is rented out, Intasure’s policies can provide cover for different types of properties in the UK and overseas.

The British Insurance Brokers’ Association (BIBA) launched its exclusive holiday home insurance scheme in partnership with Intasure, Gallagher’s holiday home insurance specialists.

Intasure bringing local expertise to 20+ countries worldwide

If you or your company are BIBA members make sure your customer considers an Intasure holiday home insurance policy.

Why choose Intasure?

uk staff
UK-based friendly support team
15 years
15 years of experience in the holiday home sector
Reviews Excellent
Our customers rate us excellent on
In-house overseas loss adjusters
Part of Gallagher, one of the world’s largest insurance brokerage firms
ethical 2022
One of the Most Ethical Companies in the world

Intasure BIBA products

Holiday home insurance in the UK & abroad

What is holiday home insurance?

Holiday home insurance can protect against building damage or losses incurred at overseas property as well as in the UK. Regular home insurance may not be enough to mitigate your risks. Instead, a policy designed for properties that are naturally left unoccupied for long periods, especially during the off season can be more appropriate.

Insurance for holiday homes in more than 20 countries

We’ve spent years ensuring customers find suitable holiday home insurance for their properties in the UK and further afield. By gathering valuable information concerning your holiday home insurance policy you can learn how to protect your investment.

These are some of the benefits for BIBA members*:

  • Exclusive for BIBA agents only – legal expenses included free of charge
  • Convenient online quote and buy facility
  • No minimum volume requirements
  • Immediate cover available
  • Payment on account option
  • On-site document production
  • UK-based support team and English-speaking loss adjustors

*Exclusions may apply – please see policy document for full terms and conditions.

What’s covered? Intasure protects against the following:

  • Loss of or damage to buildings and contents caused by fire, explosion, lightning, earthquake, and subterranean fire.
  • Loss or damage to the building caused by falling trees or branches (including the cost of removal up to £500), lamp posts or telegraph poles.
  • Loss or damage to buildings caused by falling receiving aerials and their fittings or masts, solar panels, satellite dishes and fittings.
  • Physical Loss or damage directly caused by smoke, riot, malicious damage, storm, flood, hail and avalanche.
  • Escape of water, sewage or oil from any fixed heating or domestic water installation, washing machines or dishwashers, theft or attempted theft and impact by vehicles, animals, aircraft
  • Up to £1M for Buildings.
  • Public Liability up to £5M.
  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.
  • Accidental breakage of fixed glass and sanitary fixtures.
  • Accidental breakage of glass and mirrors, glass tops to furniture and freestanding ceramic hobs and fixed glass in furniture in the Home or Holiday Home.
  • Accidental damage to underground services to the Home or Holiday Home for which you are legally responsible

Optional Covers

  • Theft and accidental damage to pedal cycles
  • Portable computers
  • Hearing aids
  • Sit on mower / mobility scooter
  • Contents at University
  • Valuables or personal possessions

Get a holiday home quote online or contact our UK Broker team on +44 (0)1892 239 370 for more information.

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Static caravan insurance

This is a policy to cover physical loss or damage to your unit and contents (provided that you purchase contents cover). Unit includes standard fixtures, fittings and equipment supplied by the manufacturer/builder when new. Contents include household goods, personal possessions and clothing. In addition this policy covers you for a wide range of perils, including (but not restricted to) fire, flood, storm, theft, escape of water and your legal liability.

Where is cover available?

In the United Kingdom, Channel Islands, France, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain

What is covered?

  • Loss or damage to your unit and contents caused by fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, thunderbolt, earthquake, riot, civil commotion, strikes, labour disturbances, aircraft and other aerial devices or anything dropped or falling from them.
  • Loss or damage caused by storm or flood, theft or attempted theft.
  • Escape of water or oil from any fixed domestic water or heating installation or water freezing in any fixed domestic water or heating installation.
  • Impact or damage by any animal, or vehicle.
  • Loss or damage caused by the breakage or collapse of television or radio aerials, satellite receiving dishes, their fittings or masts.
  • Malicious acts or vandalism.
  • Falling trees, telegraph poles or lampposts or any parts of them.
  • Public Liability cover up to the amount specified in the Schedule.
  • Subsidence, heave or landslip of the land or pitch on which your unit stands and for which you are legally responsible.
  • Accidental damage – basic cover.
  • Replacing and fitting locks and keys for any external doors, windows, intruder alarms and safes installed in your unit, if you lose your keys.
  • Reasonable costs for alternative accommodation and pitch fees you are liable to pay for the period the unit cannot be occupied following loss or damage by an insured peril under Section 1 of the Policy rendering the unit uninhabitable. This is limited to 10% of the total sum insured for your unit for any one claim.
  • Emergency Travel – Up to £300 for one return air or rail ticket to the insured unit for you and up to £300 for a second return ticket for a member of your family, plus the necessarily incurred costs of temporary accommodation and/or expenses up to £400 in the event of the Unit being uninhabitable due to an insured event under Sections 1 and 2 of the policy. Subject to prior agreement and approval

Optional Covers

  • Additional enhanced accidental damage cover.
  • Increased liability cover to £5,000,000

Get a static caravan quote contact our UK Broker team on +44 (0)1892 239 370 for more information.

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

See what our customers are saying about us

How to open an agency with Intasure

Whether you’re interested in receiving more information or starting a partnership with Intasure, all you need to do is download and complete our Trading Partner Application form and send it to

We’ll process your application and let you know when your account is set-up. You can then use our quote-and-buy facility for instant estimates and cover.

For further information about partnering with us, to understand the scheme benefits, and how to become a BIBA holiday home insurance scheme provider give us a call on 0345 071 6071 and one of our team members will assist you.