Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Home » home insurance

Buildings and Contents insurance for your peace of mind

Our Home Insurance policies allow you to choose whether you want to be covered for buildings insurance, contents insurance or both. This can provide you with the protection for your home and valuables in an unforeseen event such as burglary, a burst pipe, flooding or even a house fire.

This provides a guide to our Household policy. Please note that it does not contain the full terms and conditions of the policy, which can be found in the policy wording.

Here are some of the other key reasons to choose Buildings and Contents insurance with Intasure (included as standard)*:

  • Up to £1m buildings cover

  • Accidental Damage cover to fixed glass, sanitary fixtures and solar panels.

  • Theft or attempted theft

  • Trace & Access cover up to £5,000 – covers the cost of detecting and repairing water leaks

  • Property Owners and Occupiers liability up to £2m

  • Contents at University up to £7,500

  • Alternative Accommodation up to £40,000

*Terms & Conditions apply. For limitations and exclusions, please read the policy documents for full details.

Home insurance tailored for you

You can tailor your policy to your needs with these optional add-ons:

  • Increased cover for Additional Accidental Damage

  • Theft and accidental damage to bicycles

  • Valuables or personal possessions cover away from the home – items you can carry with you when you’re out and about, such as mobile phones, cameras, jewellery, laptops or sport equipment

  • Up to £60,000 cover in Legal Expenses

  • Key cover for lost or stolen keys

Find out more information about key insurance

Buildings insurance

We’ll cover the structure of the building plus fixtures attached to your home, including baths, fitted kitchens or anything else that could not be reasonably removed and taken to another home. Buildings insurance protects your home against fire, smoke, lightning, explosion or earthquake, as well as storm, flood or weight of snow.

Contents insurance

Contents insurance covers your household goods, valuables and personal belongings within the home, or tenant’s fixtures and fittings where you are the tenant. You can feel protected if you’re burgled, if something is damaged or even if the freezer breaks and you need to replace the food in it.

Why choose Intasure’s Buildings and Contents insurance?

  •  UK-based team

  •  15 years of experience handling home insurance

  •  No additional administration fees charged in the event of cancellation

  •  In-house claim team

  •  95% of our customers recommend us on Reviews.co.uk

Intasure Customer Reviews

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.


You have the right to cancel the insurance Policy 14 days from the day after receipt of the documentation and receive a full refund of any premium paid, provided that there have been no claims either paid, reported or outstanding. For the purpose of this cancellation clause, it will be deemed that you will have received the Policy documents upon the day following the date it was emailed/posted to you.

Once cover has commenced outside the 14 day period, you may cancel your policy at any time and will receive a pro-rata refund. The pro-rata refund will consist of a deduction for the period of cover and any fees paid. This will also be subject to no claims having either been paid, reported or outstanding.

We may cancel this Policy or any part thereof by sending 30 days’ notice by letter to you at your last known address. You shall thereupon become entitled to the return of a proportionate part of the premium corresponding to the unexpired period of insurance. Where a claim has been made during the current period of insurance no refund or credit of premium will be due.


To register a claim on your property insurance and obtain a claim form please contact Intasure on 0345 111 0672.


  • Online – Log on to your Intasure portal. For any of the optional covers you may have selected:
  • Identity Theft call: +44(0)344 770 1040
  • Legal Expenses call: +44(0)344 770 1040 (for existing Legal Expenses claims call: +44(0)344 770 9000)
  • Emergency Property Assistance: +44(0)1737 334 491
  • Key Cover call CPP: 0344 736 0138


Our aim is to ensure that all aspects of your home insurance are dealt with promptly, efficiently and fairly. At all times we are committed to providing you with the highest standard of service.

If you have any questions or concerns about your insurance or the handling of a claim, you should contact:

The Managing Director, Intasure, Oakhurst House, 77 Mount Ephraim, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 8BS.

Tel: +44(0)345 111 0680

If you are not satisfied and wish to make a complaint, then you may contact the insurer’s complaints team at:

Oakhurst House
77 Mount Ephraim
Tunbridge Wells
Tel: 0345 111 0680
E-mail: complaints@intasure.com

In the event that Insurers are unable to resolve the complaint to your satisfaction, you may refer the matter at any time to the Financial Ombudsman Service which is an independent body that arbitrates on complaints. They can be contacted at the following address:

The Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, Harbour Exchange Square, London, E14 9SR
Telephone: 0800 023 4567 (for landline users) or 0300 123 9123 (for mobile users)
Email: complaint.info@financial-ombudsman.org.uk
Website: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

You have six months from the date of our final response to refer a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Your right to take legal action against us is not affected by referral to either the Customer Relations Team or the Financial Ombudsman Service. However, the Financial Ombudsman Service will not adjudicate on any case where litigation has commenced.

In all communications the policy/certificate number appearing in the schedule should be quoted.

students contents insurance

Students Contents

Home contents & liability insurance for students.

Foreign property insurance abroad

Property Abroad

Buildings & contents insurance for property abroad.

tenants contents insurance

Tenants Liability

Insurance for Tenants, Accidental Damage.

callback refer a friend Eu Residents