Park homes represent a considerable financial investment, so you will likely want to ensure it’s suitably protected.

That’s where park home insurance can help. It’s a form of caravan insurance for safeguarding park homes from damage, theft, and other common risks.

At Intasure, we offer residential park home insurance to meet your individual needs. Speak to our team, and we’ll assist you in arranging cover that’s suitable for your park home.

Optional extras for residential park homeowners include:

  • Accidental damage extension cover
  • Increased liability cover to £5,000,000
  • Cover for items away from the park home

Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.

What is park home insurance?

As the name suggests, park home insurance is a specialist form of cover for properties sited within private gated communities. These are typically prefabricated detached bungalows, similar to static caravans but often larger, delivered in sections, and designed to be used as a primary residence.

Insuring a park home is a different challenge to protecting brick and mortar homes. The risks also differ from those faced by a touring caravan owner. That’s why we offer policies designed specifically for these special properties, considering the unique construction materials they’re built from.

In addition to considering the differing construction styles, park home insurance will also take into account your property’s location and associated risks.

What does park home insurance cover?

Park home insurance includes the following protection as standard:

  • Loss or damage

    to your park home and contents from fire, flood, or theft

  • Public liability cover

    up to £2.5 million for injuries sustained by guests and third parties

  • Subsidence cover

    for the pitch where your park home stands

  • Alternative accommodation and pitch fees cover

    following damage to your park home

  • Replacement keys and locks cover

    helping to safeguard your home from thieves

Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Why choose Intasure?

Choose Intasure as your residential park home insurance provider for a range of covers that can include:

Loss or damage

Loss or damage caused by storm or flood, theft or attempted theft cover

Public liability

Public liability cover

New for old

New for old or market value cover

We’re not your typical park home insurance provider. At Intasure, we’ve got over 20 years of experience helping homeowners secure park home insurance. We can also help you personalise your policy with optional extras if needed, such as new for old cover and increased liability for insured claims.

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Park home insurance FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.

Several factors affect the cost of a park home insurance policy. As such, it’s difficult to give you an exact figure without better understanding your circumstances. So, let’s look at the factors that may affect your premium.

Factors that impact the cost of park insurance include:

  • Location – sites located in low crime areas typically correlate to lower costs for homeowners. Park homes in locations that experience regular flooding usually have higher premiums
  • Size – the dimensions of your caravan or pitch influence the insurance price
  • Age – an older home is more likely to need renovation, this will be considered when calculating a quote. We cannot insure park homes over 30 years old
  • Type – your property’s materials and the cost of repair influence price
  • Value – more expensive park homes can cost more to repair or replace, so this is taken into consideration

The cover you need for your park home depends on several factors, including its market value, replacement cost, and the value of its contents. We’ll talk through these points with you on the phone to help us calculate how much cover you require.

Like most policies, park home insurance isn’t a legal requirement. However, there are many reasons why you may want to take out cover. For one, cost — without suitable insurance, you could face financial repercussions, or worse, lose your home.

Get an insurance quote for your park home using the button below or contact our UK team on 0345 111 0680 for more information.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Insure your mobile home to protect it from loss or damage.

Insure your static caravan in France, Greece, Italy, Portugal or Spain.

Cover for static caravans and touring caravans.

Helpful articles from Intasure