Caravan Insurance2023-01-16T11:53:12+00:00

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Home » Caravan Insurance

Are you planning on travelling the coast with your touring caravan? Maybe you’re heading to your mobile home for a weekend getaway. Regardless of your plans, you’ll need caravan insurance to help protect you against damage, theft, and other risks.

At Intasure, we’re caravan insurance specialists. We understand the risks of owning a caravan and know what it takes to help you achieve the right protection for your caravan. Speak to our team today to get your instant quote by calling 0345 111 0680.

In the meantime, let’s look more closely at caravan insurance and why you should consider it.

What is caravan insurance?

Caravan insurance can help protect you and your caravan if anything goes wrong. For instance, if your caravan and its contents are stolen or damaged, or if there’s an accident.

Insurance can offer you financial protection, so you can replace stolen items, repair damage and cover compensation fees following an insured claim.

Do I need caravan insurance?

Insurance cover for caravans isn’t a legal requirement in the UK, but that doesn’t mean you may not need it. Owning a caravan comes with risks, including accidental damage, theft of belongings, and public liability claims, especially if you welcome paying guests.

Without insurance, you may be personally liable to cover fees. These costs can be expensive, particularly if they involve replacing your entire caravan and its contents.

What types of caravans do we insure?

Intasure offers varying cover for different caravans. So, whether you own a static caravan, mobile home, or touring caravan, we’ve got cover to suit.

Static caravan insurance

Static caravans are semi-permanent fixtures, so they stay in the same spot all year round. As such, they typically come with pre-installed water, heating, and power supply, alongside other amenities, such as hot tubs in some cases.

Static caravans aren’t usually used as a primary residence, so many owners let them out or leave them unoccupied. This means they come with added risks of theft, damage, and public liability claims.

What are the benefits of Intasure’s static home insurance policies?

  • Cover during unoccupied periods.
  • Cover for malicious damage or vandalism.
  • New for Old or Market Value cover.
  • Optional accidental damage cover for family and tenants.
  • Public liability cover up to £2.5 million.
  • Subsidence or landslip protection.
  • Protection for hot tubs.

Touring caravan insurance

Touring caravans are for people on the move. You can attach a touring caravan to your vehicle and take it anywhere, whether in the UK or another country. However, driving on the road comes with additional risks, especially liability claims arising from accidents and collisions.

What are the benefits of Intasure’s touring caravan insurance?

  • Loss of use – up to £250 per day following an insured accident.
  • Personal accident cover up to £20,000.
  • Emergency removal cover.
  • Furniture and awnings cover up to £500.
  • Transportation cover up to £1,000 following an insured accident.
  • European cover up to 180 days with the ability to increase to 270 days.
  • Public liability cover up to £2.5 million.

Mobile home insurance

Mobile homes are similar to static caravans, because they’re secured to a specific plot, usually on the coast, a forest, or holiday park. These locations often have a greater risk of natural disasters, such as floods.

Owners may decide to rent out their mobile home to family or tenants, or leave it unoccupied, increasing the risk of theft, damage, and public liability.

What are the benefits of Intasure’s mobile home insurance policies?

  • Cover for loss or damage caused by natural disasters.
  • Optional accidental damage cover for family and tenants.
  • New for Old or Market Value cover.
  • Public liability cover up to £2.5 million.
  • Cover for damage caused by vehicles or animals.

Park home insurance

Park homes are mobile homes built in private, gated communities. These are typically prefabricated detached bungalows that incur a ground rent fee. Again, they’re secured to a specific plot, so you can’t move them.

What are the benefits of Intasure’s park home insurance policies?

  • Cover for alternative cover and pitch fees if the property is damaged.
  • Accidental damage cover for family and tenants.
  • New for Old or Market Value cover.
  • Public liability cover up to £2.5 million.
  • Cover for malicious damage and vandalism.
  • Key and replacement lock cover.

Overseas static caravan insurance

If you’re from the UK, you can buy static caravans abroad. Often these caravans are available for rental, so public liability risks can be high. Being so far away, there’s also an increased risk of theft of valuables and damage to the caravan.

What are the benefits of Intasure’s overseas caravan insurance?

  • Cover during unoccupied periods.
  • Optional accidental damage cover for family and tenants.
  • New for Old or Market Value cover.
  • Public liability cover up to £2.5 million.
  • Protection against damage from water, sewage, oil, or electrical power surges.
  • Cover for malicious damage or vandalism.

What does caravan insurance cover?

The cover you choose depends on which caravan you own and how you plan on using it. Depending on where the caravan is located, there may also be additional risks, such as fire and floods. So, you’ll want to check your policy details first to see if it covers these.

Generally, cover for caravans includes the following:

  • New for Old or Market Value — Replaces old caravans with a new model, or pays you the market value of your caravan if it’s lost, damaged, or stolen.
  • Contents — Covers the cost to repair or replace caravan contents, including personal belongings.
  • Public liability — Pays for fees associated with public liability claims, such as accidents and injuries.
  • Natural disasters — Covers the cost of damage to your caravan due to disasters, such as fire, flood, and storms.
  • Accidental damage — Insures you against accidental damage to your caravan and its contents—especially important if letting it out.
  • Alternative accommodation and pitch fees — Covers the cost of alternative accommodation and pitch fees if your caravan or mobile home is unliveable.

What countries are covered by caravan insurance?

Intasure provides caravan insurance across the UK and Europe. As specialists in different markets, we can arrange policies suited to your circumstances and travel locations.

Our static caravan cover is available for the following countries:

  • UK (England, Wales, Scotland, N. Ireland, Guernsey, Jersey, Isle of Man)
  • Spain
  • France
  • Portugal
  • Italy
  • Greece

Remember that restrictions and exemptions in each location can affect your insurance. So, speak to our team before heading out on the road to ensure you’re covered against possible risks.

Why choose Intasure?

At Intasure, we do caravan insurance differently. That’s because we offer comprehensive policies that you can tailor to your requirements. Our specialists work with you one-on-one to understand your risks and ensure you can get sufficient cover. So, you can be protected no matter where you’re headed or who stays in your caravan.

Here’s what to expect when you take out a policy with us:

  • Public liability insurance is included in all policies as standard.
  • New for Old or Market Value cover available.
  • Protection whether your caravan is occupied or unoccupied.
  • Specialist caravan and holiday home insurer.
  • Policy tailored to your needs.

Get a caravan insurance quote online by calling our expert team on 0345 111 0680.


Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.

What’s excluded from caravan insurance?2022-07-08T13:25:20+01:00

We list all exclusions in your policy documents, including:

  • General wear and tear of a caravan or its contents.
  • Mechanical or technical breakdown.
  • Legal liabilities relating to loss of business.
  • Theft if the caravan was left unlocked or easily accessible.

Remember, some exclusions are due to the cover you’ve selected. So, if you want to add something specific to your policy, just speak with a member of our team.

How much does caravan insurance cost?2022-07-08T13:18:22+01:00

The cost of caravan insurance varies depending on several factors, including:

  • Where your caravan is parked and stored — The locations you visit can impact your premium, as will how many security features are present, such as cameras.
  • The age and upkeep of your caravan — You’d typically expect to pay a lower premium for a newer caravan with fewer miles on the clock.
  • The size of your caravan — Caravans and static homes with large floor plans are likely to attract higher premiums than more compact vehicles.
  • The value of your contents — Static caravans and tourers with high-value contents may have higher premiums, so avoid storing valuables on board if possible.
Can I let my caravan out with caravan insurance?2022-07-08T13:23:23+01:00

Our policies include public liability cover up to £2.5 million as standard. It means that if an insured claim arises from a guest who experiences injury, illness, or death while staying at your caravan, we can help cover the costs.

If you’re residing or staying at a holiday park, you may wish to consider whether the park allows rentals. That’s because many park homes restrict or don’t allow any form of sub-letting — so you may want to check beforehand.

If you sub-let your caravan, you might also benefit from our unoccupancy cover. This ensures your caravan is protected whether you’re present or not, but exemptions apply.

How much cover do I need for my caravan?2022-07-08T13:22:22+01:00

Various factors influence the extent of cover needed, including the value and type of caravan, location, and whether you rent it out. Your policy is also influenced by your choice between New for Old or Market Value cover.

Will my caravan be insured if I leave it unoccupied?2022-07-08T13:20:24+01:00

Our static home and mobile home insurance policies cover periods of unoccupancy, but whether you’re covered will depend on your policy.

Therefore, homeowners must tell us if their caravan is unoccupied for 180 consecutive days or more. Unfortunately, if you have a park home policy, accidental damages and losses aren’t covered while your property is unoccupied.

Policy documents

You will need Adobe Reader to view, download and print the PDF policy wording. It is free and available to download by clicking the link below.

Intasure Customer Reviews

Find out more with Intasure

We’re here to help with your Caravan insurance, whether you use it for family holidays, weekend breaks, residential use, or holiday rentals. Call us on 0345 111 0680 for more details today.

This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top