Holiday Lets2023-08-04T14:26:53+01:00

Call our UK team for a quote – 0345 111 0680

Home » Holiday home insurance » Holiday Lets

Protect your holiday let in the UK or abroad with buildings and contents cover.

For those who choose to let their holiday home, it can result in a stream of additional income and be a haven for holiday escapes.

But first, you may want to consider protecting your property. You can do this through holiday let insurance – a policy that helps safeguard your rental property against damage, theft, and many other risks associated with housing guests following an insured claim. At Intasure, we offer holiday let insurance in the UK and in more than 20 countries and territories across the EU and beyond.

Speak to us about arranging cover for caravans (UK, France, Greece, Italy, Spain, Portugal), cottages, holiday homes, and more.

What is holiday let insurance?

Holiday let insurance can offer financial protection for holiday homeowners who want to rent out their property on a short-term or long-term basis.

A holiday let can provide cover for a short weekend break to a stay of 60 days or longer. In either case, we’ve got insurance that helps keep you protected through the seasons. For instance, our holiday let insurance in the UK and abroad can include cover for public liability, accidental damage, and loss of rent following an insured claim.

Why take out holiday rental insurance?

Letting out a second home can be a great way of generating additional income when you’re not using the property. However, if things go wrong, you could find yourself out of pocket and left with the stress of damage which can be difficult to manage if your holiday let is abroad.

That’s why we offer holiday let insurance. It can help protect your finances and offer reassurance should the worst happen.

Holiday rentals can often be left unoccupied for long periods, potentially exposing them to additional risks. Therefore, if your holiday let is damaged by the elements or your contents are stolen and this is outlined within your policy, expenses for repairing or replacing can be covered, and our team is on-hand to help.

What does holiday let insurance cover?

Our holiday let insurance is available in more than 20 countries and territories across the EU and beyond. Our policies include public liability insurance up to £5 million. That means you can have a safety net following an insured claim. For example, if a guest is injured, taken ill, or unfortunately dies on your property.

Our cover is offered on an annual basis, offering protection for both short term lets or long term lets of up to 6 months. Many holiday let insurance providers limit the number of ‘unoccupied’ days you can have before the property is exposed to only 30 days. The result is added pressure on holiday letters and landlords to find renters during the off-peak season or in economic downturns. With us, your property can be protected when unoccupied for up to 60 days.

If you do need to make a claim, we can provide an emergency travel reimbursement so that you can quickly get to your property and avert any disasters. Loss of income protection can also provide additional support following a guest claim. Like a standard home insurance policy, our holiday let insurance covers buildings and contents insurance. Cover for swimming pools and hot tubs is also included.

Buildings insurance can protect permanent structures within the grounds of your holiday home from:

  • Damage to buildings due to natural disasters such as floods or storms

  •  Physical loss or damage caused by smoke, riot, malicious damage, flood, fire, explosion hail and avalanche

  •  Escape of water or oil from household fixtures

Holiday let contents insurance can protect the items within your holiday home, such as household goods, fittings or personal property, from:

  • Loss or damage to contents due to fire, flood or storm

  • Theft or malicious damage

  • Accidental damage to household fittings including sanitary fixtures, glass tops in furniture & ceramic hobs

Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.

What properties does our holiday let insurance cover?

A range of property types in the UK and abroad can be covered, from static caravans in holiday parks to houses and apartments throughout Europe.

Here are some of our most popular holiday let insurance property types:

In what countries does holiday let insurance extend to?

Our policies can be available for holiday lets in more than 20 countries and territories across the EU and beyond.

Here is a list of the holiday let insurance destinations we can provide cover in:

Why choose Intasure?

What sets our holiday let insurance apart? Whether you’re occupying the property or are out of the country, you can be covered for up to 60 days of property unoccupancy.

Some of the benefits of taking out a holiday home insurance package with Intasure include:

  • Using a specialist holiday home and holiday let insurer

  •  Experienced sales agents and customer service staff covering holiday lets in more than 20 countries and territories

  •  English speaking support no matter where your insured property is located

  •  Public liability cover of up to £5 million included as standard

  •  Emergency travel after an insured claim

  •  Loss of rent included following an insured claim

With Intasure, you will always deal with an English-speaking representative no matter where your property is located, so nothing gets lost in translation. Also, our policy documentation is in English, so you can quickly get to grips with what your policy offers.

We will support you every step of the way. Whether that means helping you pick out a suitable policy or managing your claims, we’re here to help take the stress away from renting out a holiday home.

Holiday lets insurance FAQs

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.

Home insurance vs holiday let insurance – is there a difference?2023-08-03T17:10:56+01:00

Holiday let insurance is a specialist insurance covering owners who let their holiday home out to guests. It’s closely related to home insurance, but with the benefit of some added extras to cover you for guests. Holiday let insurance relates to both UK holiday homes and holiday homes abroad.

How much is holiday let insurance?2023-08-03T17:11:49+01:00

Several variables impact the cost of holiday let insurance. These include the property type, its location, and the number of buildings covered.

Here are a few things you could do to help reduce your premium:

  • Pay annually – it can be cheaper to pay for holiday let insurance in one lump sum, rather than spreading the cost over several months
  • Combine buildings and contents insurance – we package these into holiday let insurance policies, which can be cheaper than buying them separately
  • Improve security – investing in security alarms, cameras, and secure locks for your property, may help to reduce your premiums
Is there anywhere Intasure doesn’t cover?2023-08-03T17:12:21+01:00

There are a handful of countries from the list above where our cover is limited by exclusions and restrictions.

In some countries, you will need to fulfil specific criteria to get holiday let insurance cover. For example, in Italy you must have a Codice Fiscale. This is the equivalent of a National Insurance number, and is required by Italian law when arranging insurance. But don’t worry, we can talk through these details if you give us a call.

Call us on 0345 111 0680.

What is Intasure holiday let insurance?2023-08-03T17:07:52+01:00

Intasure is a holiday letting insurance specialist, here to assist homeowners in protecting their properties across more than 20 countries and territories in the EU and beyond – whether they’re occupied or not.

Our insurance product is adapted for holiday rental properties to include those little extras you won’t typically find on standard home and contents cover. For example, many villas and apartments have swimming pools or outbuildings, which can be covered with Intasure’s holiday let insurance products.

We also provide additional cover for items such as hot tubs, outdoor furniture, and even outbuildings.

What insurance do you need for a holiday let?2023-08-03T17:13:52+01:00

If you have a mortgage on your buy-to-let, you’ll likely need buildings insurance at a minimum. Many mortgage lenders require that you have buildings insurance in place. However, this only protects the structure of your home from damage and might not provide cover for additional risks.

Holiday home insurance is a specialist type of cover that provides additional protection for your investment, should the worst happen. It can help to safeguard your holiday home and its contents against damage or theft, which can be especially important if you let out your home to paying guests. Cover can also be included for public liability claims and periods of unoccupancy.

Is holiday let insurance mandatory?2023-08-04T14:22:41+01:00

Holiday let insurance isn’t compulsory in the UK, but you should consider some form of insurance. If you have a mortgage for your buy-to-let property, many lenders will require you to have building insurance as a minimum. That said, even if you own your holiday home outright, it’s still a good idea to have insurance in place to help protect against financial liabilities.

Remember, building insurance won’t cover all the risks you could face. From public liability claims to accidental guest damage, there are many risks involved with owning a holiday home. You may want to consider including these covers to help protect it.

Intasure Customer Reviews

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top