Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Home » Holiday home insurance

Holiday Home Insurance

We all dream of having that special place in the sun or by the sea that we can escape to. Whether it’s for weekends away with the family, or longer holidays with your partner, owning a holiday home in the UK or abroad are the stuff of dreams. As with any major investment, you can protect your asset by obtaining suitable insurance. That’s where we can help. At Intasure, can provide cover for your holiday home, both in the UK and in more than 40 countries around the world.

holiday home insurance

What is holiday home insurance?

In exactly the same way that you have buildings and contents insurance on your primary property, secondary home insurance (also referred to as holiday home insurance in the UK) provides cover for on an additional property that is not used as a full-time or permanent residence. It doesn’t matter whether your holiday home is in the UK or overseas, you can get insurance with Intasure.

What should your insurance policy include?

Insurance policies can provide you with cover against both accidental damage and theft, as well as public liability cover, so that you can be shielded against an insured claim brought for personal injury or damage to a third party’s property.

What about holiday homes in the UK?

Not everyone chooses to buy a holiday home abroad, across the UK there are thousands of properties that are a special hideaway for stressed-out urbanites. We’re here to help you take care of your investment, with insurance cover for your holiday home. Talk to Intasure and we can help cover you for:

Some of the benefits with Intasure are:

  • Building insurance cover of £1 million
  •  Public liability cover of up to £5million included as standard
  • Cover whether occupied or unoccupied
  •  Emergency travel after a claim
  • Loss of rent included following a claim

Do I need holiday insurance for letting?

One way of making your holiday home pay its way is to let it out to paying guests on short term holiday lets. Depending on your property’s location, you could be looking at a considerable return on your investment, especially during peak season. A holiday let can deliver a healthy extra stream of income, remember that you will have to declare it to HMRC.

However, you should consider insurance for your holiday let. You must ensure all your paperwork is in order, and that includes appropriate liability insurance. We can help you find that holiday letting insurance, including overseas property cover to help protect your home from accidental damage during rental periods.

Intasure Customer Reviews

To find out more about holiday home insurance get in touch with Intasure today!

Get a Quote Now >>

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Ref: WB15-2021ak

Product information
View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here
Policy Wording
Holiday home insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here
Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here
callback refer a friend Eu Residents