Protect your holiday home with overseas holiday home insurance

Owning a holiday home abroad is an extremely exciting prospect. However, to ensure you can enjoy regular escapes to the sun, you may want to consider abroad holiday home insurance to help keep your property safe./p>

That’s where we come in. At Intasure, we have 20 years of experience providing cover to holiday homeowners as holiday home insurance specialists. We use our experience to provide cover specifically for the challenges of owning a holiday home abroad. Get in touch with our specialist team for a quote or to find out more./p>

What is overseas holiday home insurance?

Holiday home insurance can help protect against building damage or losses incurred at your overseas property.

Policy details can vary depending on your property type and how you plan to use the property. If you own a home or you’re looking to purchase a new property in a holiday destination abroad, you may require holiday home insurance. Regular home insurance may not be enough to mitigate your risks. Instead, a policy designed for properties that are naturally left unoccupied for long periods, especially during the off season, can be more suitable. Therefore, it’s important that cover protects your property against damages and theft, even when you’re not there.

Which countries are covered by holiday home insurance?

You shouldn’t feel restricted when buying a second home. This is a chance for you to secure your dream holiday home, after all! That’s why we’ve extended our holiday home insurance to cover more than 20 countries and territories across the EU and beyond, covering many popular British tourist destinations. What’s more, our customer service is handled by a UK-based, English-speaking support team, to help you find the information you need.

Our holiday home insurance abroad covers many common British tourist destinations, such as France and Spain. Looking to go somewhere further afield? We also offer policies for more exotic locations, such as Turkey and the UAE. Here’s our complete list of destinations:

What cover is included with overseas holiday home insurance?

Our Holiday Home Insurance is available with buildings and contents cover. It can offer you protection for both accidental and malicious damage, along with theft.

Buildings insurance offers cover for your bricks and mortar, including permanent structures used for domestic purposes within the grounds of your holiday home.

Our buildings cover can provide protection against:

  • Damage to buildings

    due to natural disasters such as floods or storms

  • Physical loss or damage

    caused by smoke, riot, malicious damage, fire, explosion, hail, and avalanche

  • Escape of water or oil

    from household fixtures

  • Public liability cover

    of up to £5 million

Contents insurance protects your household goods, fittings, and personal property, including:

  • Loss or damage to contents

    due to fire, flood or storm

  • Theft or malicious damage

    caused to contents

  • Accidental damage

    to household fittings, including glass tops in furniture and ceramic hobs

Key benefits of our Overseas Holiday Home Insurance

Cover whether the property is occupied or unoccupied

One significant benefit of choosing Intasure as your holiday home insurance provider is that we cover properties whether they’re occupied or unoccupied. This includes up to 60 days unoccupancy cover for loss of metered water or oil.

Emergency travel following a claim

If something untoward happens, you’ll want to be nearby as soon as possible. But getting a flight at the last second can be expensive. Choose Intasure, however, and we can cover the costs of emergency travel after an insured claim for damages worth £1,500 or greater.

Temporary accommodation cover

Need somewhere to stay for the duration of your visit? We can cover emergency accommodation provisions to keep a roof over your head.

Protection for swimming pools and hot tubs

Many holiday homes abroad come equipped with swimming pools. That’s why our Holiday Home Insurance covers swimming pools and hot tubs, so if there is a fault or damage, we can cover the repair costs in the event of a successful claim.

Cover for outbuildings

Our Holiday Home Insurance isn’t restricted to the four walls of your main property. Summer houses and other outbuildings are equally important, so our policy gives you damage and theft protection for these too.

Public liability cover of up to £5 million

Public liability cover is included as standard with our policies, protecting you against claims brought about for personal injury or damage to a third party.

Policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for full terms and conditions.

What types of property are covered by abroad holiday home insurance?

We cover a wide range of holiday homes across more than 20 countries and territories throughout Europe and beyond. So, whether you own a beachside villa, a city apartment, a static caravan, or a log cabin, we will do our best to provide you with a quote.

You can find out more about chalet, log cabin, and overseas caravan insurance below:

If you need help finding a suitable level of cover, speak to our specialist team. If you need help finding a suitable level of cover, speak to our specialist team.

Why choose Intasure?

We have vast experience dealing with overseas insurance markets, foreign authorities, and regulators abroad. For you, that means having a policy tailored to the market your holiday home is based in.

With Intasure, you’ll always deal with a UK-based English-speaking representative, even when making a claim. Your policy documents are also written in English.

We’re on-hand every step of the way. From policy quotation to renewal, we’re here. That includes making any modifications to your policy if circumstances change.

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Abroad holiday home insurance FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation

Yes, we provide foreign holiday home insurance for those who have multiple properties abroad. It can be more convenient and cost-effective to insure all of your holiday homes with one insurer. With Intasure, you can do just that.

Various factors affect the cost of holiday home insurance, the location of the property, and its likelihood to face a natural disaster. Other contributing factors are building size and the construction materials used. We take into account all these variables and more when calculating your risks to determine a suitable premium.

We cover a wide range of holiday homes across more than 20 countries and territories throughout Europe and beyond. However, the scope of cover varies between different nations, and in certain markets our cover is limited by local rules. If you have any queries about the level of cover available in certain markets, contact our customer service team.

Yes, you can. Letting out a property can be a fantastic way to make an additional income stream – particularly if it’s left empty for long periods. So, you’ll be happy to hear that we can provide cover for your rental property.

Our holiday let insurance includes all the buildings and content cover we’ve already outlined above, plus public liability insurance for insured claims. The latter is a key consideration, as it can safeguard your finances if guests injure themselves at your property..

You’ll want to know that you have financial protection for your property investment if something were to happen, even if you’re not staying there at the time. With Intasure, you can get protection for your home whether it’s occupied or not.

Leaks, floods, and other forms of damage to your home abroad can be difficult to deal with from the UK. That’s why we offer a helping hand with emergency travel for insured claims, helping you to get there to deal with any issues in person. We can also help with to the costs of temporary accommodation if the damage means your holiday home becomes uninhabitable for any guests staying there at the time.

Get in touch to find out more about our Overseas Holiday Home Insurance.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at June 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Buildings and contents insurance suitable for holiday homes let via Airbnb.

Insurance for holiday homes in the UK and abroad.

At Intasure, we can provide an insurance solution for expat homeowners.

Protection for your holiday home when it’s let to paying guests.

Helpful articles from Intasure