Owning a static caravan is a significant investment, so it can be wise to protect your asset with suitable insurance. Our caravan insurance policies can help to protect you against many risks associated with owning and maintaining a static caravan.
What is static caravan Insurance?
Static caravan insurance can provide protection against theft, liability, accidents, and damage. Although it isn’t a legal requirement, many home insurance policies won’t cover static caravans. That means you typically won’t have protection against standard static caravan risks, such as extreme weather. By purchasing static caravan insurance, loss and damage can be covered if the worst happens.
What does static caravan insurance cover?
Our static caravan insurance can help to protect you against many static caravan risks, including theft, damage, natural disasters, and even losing your keys. Better still, we can tailor policies to meet your specific requirements. So, whether you let your caravan to friends, use it as a holiday home, or live there permanently, we can offer a personalised package with the cover you want.
Intasure’s static caravan insurance policies can include*:
- Building and contents cover to help protect against physical loss or damage (including accidental damage) to your static caravan
- Natural disaster cover to help protect you if one damages your static caravan, such as a storm, flood, or earthquake
- Public liability cover up to £2.5 million as standard
- Alternative accommodation and pitch fees if damage to your home renders it uninhabitable
- Optional key cover, including a new set and replacement locks if you lose your keys
- Emergency travel if you need to visit your static caravan home to oversee repairs following a claim or to reach a primary residence if you’re stranded
- Replacing and fitting locks cover for the cost of replacing and fitting locks on external doors, windows, intruder alarms, and safes
- Year-round cover whether your property is occupied or not
Optional covers are typically suited to homeowners who rent out their static caravan and can include*:
- Enhanced accidental damage cover with protection for family and guests
- Enhanced liability cover with public liability cover up to £5 million
Do I need static caravan insurance?
Static caravan insurance isn’t a legal requirement, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider it. Many caravan parks ask for static caravan insurance to stay on their site. Plus, many home insurance policies won’t cover liability, damage, loss, and theft for static caravans, possibly leaving you liable to pick up the costs if something goes wrong.
Purchasing static caravan insurance can help to provide peace of mind should the worst happen. It can also provide dedicated insurance required by many caravan parks.
What countries can I insure my static caravan in?
Intasure’s static caravan insurance can provide cover in the following countries:
- UK (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Channel Islands)
Why choose Intasure?
We’re a specialist static caravan insurance provider with almost 20 years of experience, so we know how to choose an insurance package that meets your needs. Our flexible policies include a range of optional covers to ensure you get a suitable policy for your static home.
Need a helping hand? Our UK-based, English-speaking representatives are on-hand to answer your questions. Once set up, they can make any modifications to your policy and handle renewals. This level of care has earned us a 4.7 rating on Reviews.io**.
Get a static caravan insurance quote online or by calling our specialist team on 0345 111 0680.