No, DASK is a separate form of cover from home insurance. Therefore, you may either take out DASK insurance on its own or both DASK and home insurance. Even though home insurance covers damage or loss caused by a natural disaster, you must take out DASK first.

Incidentally, earthquake insurance does not cover the contents of your property, so you’ll have to get additional insurance to protect any valuables within your house.