Holiday caravans in the UK

While holiday caravans in the UK are a great way for people to plan regular holidays (or even generate an additional stream of income through holiday lets), having a caravan overseas is also proving to be increasingly popular. For savvy holidaymakers, owning a mobile home or caravan abroad can be an excellent way of getting holidays in the sun for a fraction of the cost.

Wherever your caravan is based, your prized possession can be safeguarded with the help of an Intasure overseas caravan insurance policy. We can also provide cover for overseas static caravans let to other holidaymakers.

What is overseas caravan insurance?

Overseas caravan insurance policies help protect you against the risks facing caravans abroad. For instance, physical loss or damage caused to your static caravan.

Our policies also include protection for expenses associated with providing alternative accommodation and emergency travel in the case of an insured event.

What countries do Intasure overseas caravan insurance policies cover?

As well as across the UK (England, Scotland, Wales, and the Isle of Man), Intasure offers caravan insurance cover for overseas mobile homes and static caravans located in:

  • France
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Portugal
  • Spain

What does overseas caravan insurance cover?

The caravan cover you may benefit from depends on several factors, including the size of your caravan, where it’s based, and what it’s used for.

Our standard policies offer year-round insurance, meaning your overseas static caravan can be safeguarded whether it’s occupied or not

Overseas static caravan insurance can provide cover for:

  • Damage to buildings

    due to natural disasters such as floods or storms

  • Physical loss or damage

    caused by smoke, riot, malicious damage, fire, explosion, hail, and avalanche

  • Escape of water or oil

    from household fixtures

  • Public liability cover

    of up to £2.5 million included as standard

  • Damage

    caused by electrical power surges

  • Alternative accommodation

    and pitch fees

You can also extend the range of your cover with optional extras:

  • Accidental damage cover

    extended to include damage caused by family, friends, and paying guests

  • Public liability cover

    extended to up to £5 million

See our policy wording for the full list of features.

Cover is subject to the full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of our Overseas Static Home Insurance policy wordings.

Why choose cover from Intasure?

Cover from Intasure can offer reassurance that your overseas caravan can be protected. Here is why:

Specialist overseas caravan insurer

We’re a specialist overseas caravan insurer with over 20 years of experience


We offer protection whether your caravan is occupied or unoccupied

New for old

We have both new for old and market value cover available

Public liability

We offer public liability cover up to £2.5 million as standard

Customer service

We have a UK-based customer service team

If you’re planning to buy a mobile home or static caravan abroad, you can get a no-obligation quote simply by filling out our contact form or calling our UK team on +44 (0)345 111 0680. Our dedicated team are happy to talk you through available covers and answer any questions.

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Overseas caravan insurance FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.

Because each policy can be tailored to your personal circumstances, it’s difficult to speculate how much your policy will cost without discussing your needs. However, it helps to be prepared when insuring your overseas caravan.

 Factors used to determine your insurance premium include:

  • The location of your caravan – for example, a static caravan in an area where flooding is common may result in a higher premium than a home located far from the floodplain
  • The size of your caravan – larger properties can result in higher premiums than smaller static caravans
  • The age of your caravan – the condition of a caravan can deteriorate over time, making it more susceptible to risks, therefore premiums can increase for older static homes
  • The type of caravan – some overseas caravans are more challenging to replace than others due to using rarer construction materials
  • The value of your caravan – as with brick-and-mortar home insurance, larger prefabricated static caravans can be costlier to insure than smaller units

To make a claim, call us on our 24-hour claims hotline: +44 (0)345 111 0672.

Public liability insurance means that if a person is injured or their property is damaged while in your caravan, you can be covered for the costs associated with compensation claims. This can be particularly important if you’re planning to rent your caravan or mobile home out to holidaymakers.

As with many insurance policies, exclusions can apply. Our policy provides protection whether your property is occupied or left vacant, but the extent of your cover will depend on how long your caravan remains unoccupied. In addition, geographical restrictions may apply to your policy, such as earthquake zones.

Please contact our team for further details on restrictions.

No, but it can help protect your property and investment from several risks, including damage caused by fire, floods, storms, and escape of water. Without suitable cover in place, you could be out of pocket when your caravan or belongings are damaged.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Protect your park home with an insurance policy with Intasure.

Insure your mobile home to protect it from loss or damage.

Cover for static caravans and touring caravans.

Helpful articles from Intasure