What is overseas caravan insurance?
Overseas caravan insurance policies help protect you against the risks facing caravans abroad. For instance, any physical losses or damage caused to your static caravan or mobile home contents. Our policies also include protection for expenses, such as situations where you need alternative accommodation or must pay for emergency travel costs. In the next section, we’ll dig down into the other forms of protection overseas caravan insurance affords.
What does overseas caravan insurance cover?
The caravan cover you may benefit from depends on several factors, including the size of your caravan, where it’s based, and what it’s used for. Once we understand these specifics, we’re better placed to identify the risks you may want to mitigate against.
* Please refer to your policy details, accidental damage cover and enhanced liability cover are optional extras which can be included in your policy. Read our overseas caravan insurance wording for further information about how your policy works and whether restrictions apply.
What countries do Intasure overseas caravan insurance policies cover?
As well as across the UK (Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands), Intasure offers caravan insurance cover for overseas mobile homes and static caravans located in:
How much does overseas caravan insurance cost?
Because each policy can be tailored to your personal circumstances, it’s difficult to speculate how much your policy will cost without discussing your needs. However, you should know that it pays to be as prepared when insuring your overseas caravan. The more details we have, the more accurate and extensive your cover.
What’s more, it might benefit you to learn what factors are used to determine your insurance premium:
- The location of your caravan – a static caravan in an area where flooding is common may attract a higher premium than a home located far from the floodplain.
- The size of your caravan – larger properties tend to attract higher premiums than smaller static caravans.
- The age of your caravan – a property in poor condition can be considered risky. Favourable premiums are more likely to be offered to newer properties requiring little maintenance.
- Type of your caravan – some overseas caravans are more challenging to replace than others due to using rarer construction materials.
- The value of your caravan – as with brick-and-mortar home insurance, larger prefabricated static caravans are costlier to insure than smaller units.
Why choose cover from Intasure?
Choosing cover from Intasure offers you reassurance that your overseas caravan can be protected. Here’s why:
- We’re a specialist overseas caravan insurer with decades of experience.
- Protection whether your caravan is occupied or unoccupied
- We have both New for Old and Market Value cover available.
- We offer Public Liability cover up to £2.5 million as standard.
- We offer protection for hot tubs.
- You can choose optional extras, such as enhanced liability and accidental damage cover for rentals.
- All our staff are fluent English speakers.
If you’re planning to buy a mobile home or static caravan abroad, you can get a no-obligation quote simply by filling out our contact form or phoning our UK team on 0345 111 0680. Once you do, one of our dedicated team will be happy to talk you through available covers and answer any questions.
Caravan Insurance Abroad FAQs
Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.