Mobile home protection

Mobile homes can be an excellent option for family getaways, as they include many home comforts. It’s a freedom like no other. But owning a mobile home is also a significant investment that you should think carefully about financial protection from suitable insurance cover.

Mobile home protection forms part of our wider caravan insurance offering, and if you’re considering buying a property, mobile home insurance can help to protect your investment.

This policy helps to safeguard your home’s structure and contents in the event of theft or damage. It can also offer a few handy extras for additional reassurance, such as emergency travel cover following an insured claim.

What is mobile home insurance?

Mobile home insurance is similar to home insurance, but designed for prefabricated static caravans.

It’s a policy that helps to financially safeguard your mobile home from specific risks property owners may face. For example, mobile homes located close to the coast can be vulnerable to winter storms. That’s why storm and flood cover can be included in the policy, depending on your postcode, as it can help protect your property against extreme weather. Our storm and flood cover can help to safeguard against loss or damage, including the re-siting of your unit if necessary.

Our insurance for mobile homes can offer you the reassurance that your mobile home has cover in place if the worst should happen.

What countries do Intasure policies cover?

Our mobile home insurance policies can cover many popular holiday destinations in Europe, including:

  • UK (England, Scotland, Wales, and the Isle of Man)
  • France
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Portugal
  • Spain

What does mobile home insurance cover?

Intasure can protect a range of property types, including personal holiday homes, holiday lets, and full-time residences. We can provide year-round cover, whether your property is occupied or not.

Some of the key aspects of Intasure’s mobile home insurance include:

  • Damage to buildings

    due to natural disasters such as floods or storms

  • Physical loss or damage

    caused by smoke, riot, malicious damage, fire, explosion, hail, and avalanche

  • Public liability cover

    up to £2.5 million included as standard

  • Protection for subsidence

    or landslips

  • Alternative accommodation

    and pitch fees

  • Emergency travel

    if you need to visit your mobile home to oversee repairs following an insured claim, or to reach your primary residence if you are stranded

Optional covers include:

  • Accidental damage cover extended

    to include damage caused by family, friends, and paying guests

  • Public liability cover extended

    to up to £5 million

See our policy wording for the full list of features. Cover is subject to the full terms, conditions, limits and exclusions of our Overseas Static Home Insurance policy wordings.

Why choose Intasure?

There are many advantages to choosing Intasure as your mobile home insurance provider, including:

We’re a specialist mobile home insurer

with over 20 years of experience

We offer protection whether your caravan is occupied or unoccupied

(subject to our policy terms and conditions)

New for old and market value

cover available

We offer public liability cover

up to £2.5 million as standard

UK-based customer service team

Our English-speaking representatives are on hand to discuss your policy.

Our English-speaking UK-based representatives are on hand to discuss your policy. They’ll help you arrange cover, make any necessary modifications to your policy, and handle renewals.

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Mobile home insurance FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.

As with any standard property policy, several factors can influence your mobile home insurance premium, including:
  • Location – for example, a mobile home in an area where flooding is common may result in a higher premium than a home located far from the floodplain
  • Size – large properties tend to incur higher premiums when compared to properties with small floor plans
  • Value – the rebuild or replacement cost of your mobile home can influence the price you pay for insurance
Our residential mobile home insurance policies typically cover both your mobile home and its contents, depending on your requirements. For example, contents cover can includes sports equipment, furnishing, and fittings. For the full details of what’s included, see our policy wording.
While our mobile home insurance policies offer broad coverage, there are some exemptions. For example, depreciation, deterioration, manufacturing defects, and general wear and tear are not covered. Additionally, damage by pets, moths, or vermin is not covered.

While theft is covered, theft by deception, such as fraud, is not. Please read the policy wording to find our complete list of exclusions.

Typically, mobile homeowners can need enough protection to cover the cost of rebuilding their property in the event of damage. However, be mindful that if you miscalculate this figure, you could be underinsured and less likely to receive enough to repair or rebuild your mobile home, should the worst happen.

No, mobile home insurance is not a legal requirement, but many people take this practical step to help protect their mobile home and contents from loss or damage.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Protect your park home with an insurance policy with Intasure.

Insure your static caravan in France, Greece, Italy, Portugal or Spain.

Cover for static caravans and touring caravans.

Helpful articles from Intasure