This is the key question. That’s because it’s difficult to provide an accurate assessment of how much your policy will cost without first assessing the following variables:
- Location – is your property located in an in-demand area, like a city centre? If so, it could attract a higher premium.
- Size – larger properties receive higher insurance costs.
- Age – well-maintained new builds earn more attractive premiums than older properties needing regular maintenance work.
- Contents – does your property house expensive items? If so, this can affect the premium you pay.
- Rebuild cost – make sure to calculate the cost of rebuilding your property accurately. This cost is factored into your buildings cover premium.