empty room

Policy documents

uk broker login

Unoccupied home insurance

This is a policy to cover physical loss or damage to your building and/or contents. Buildings include the private dwelling, garages and outbuildings used for domestic purposes. Contents includes household goods, valuables and personal belongings within the home. In addition this policy covers you for a wide range of perils, including (but not restricted to) fire, flood, storm, theft, escape of water and your legal liability.

Where is cover available?

In the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, including the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

What is covered:

  • Loss of or damage to buildings and contents caused by fire, smoke, explosion, lightning, and earthquake and escape of water or, oil.
  • Loss or damage to buildings caused by subsidence, heave or landslip and falling trees/ branches, telegraph poles or lamp posts.
  • Physical Loss or damage directly caused by riot or malicious acts, storm, flood or weight of snow.
  • Theft or attempted theft and impact by vehicles or animals.
  • Loss or damage caused by Aircraft (or other flying devices or items dropped from them), breakage or collapse of fixed radio and television aerials, fixed satellite dishes and their fittings and masts.
  • Up to £1M for Buildings.
  • Public Liability up to £2M.
  • Accidental damage to fixed glass and glazing, sanitary ware and ceramic hobs all forming part of the buildings.
  • Accidental damage to domestic oil pipes, underground water supply pipes, underground sewers, drains and septic tanks, underground gas pipes and underground cables serving the home and which you are legally responsible.
  • Up to £750 in increased water meter charges following an escape of water claim.
  • Up to £500 towards replacing and fitting locks if you lose your keys anywhere in the world. Up to £2,500 to find the source of an escape of water or oil from any fixed water tanks, apparatus or pipes following loss of damage to the buildings.
  • Up to £500 to replace the food in your Refrigerator or Freezer if it is spoiled or contaminated by a change in temperature or by refrigeration fumes.

Optional Covers

  • Theft and accidental damage to pedal cycles anywhere in the UK
  • Additional accidental damage
  • Valuables and personal belongings

Get a quote by contacting our UK Broker team on +44 (0)1892 239 370 for more information.

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.