Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Holiday Home Insurance Portugal

portugal beach

More laid-back and intimate than its bigger cousin Spain, Portugal is a unique country with a personality all of its own. That easy-going approach to life, as well as some of the best Atlantic coastline in Europe and some exceptional holiday hotspots, has turned this sleepy country into a vibrant and hugely popular tourist destination.

While some may be happy to spend a couple of weeks in a hotel, there are more and more Brits who are going one step further, and buying their very own holiday homes and static caravans in Portugal.

That’s a big investment, so if you want to help make sure your investment has the protection it may need (whether you’re there or hundreds of miles away back home in the UK), we can provide you with property insurance for Portugal holiday homes and static caravans.

Why should I consider home insurance in Portugal?

Like any other home, you’re likely to want to make sure that if something happens to damage either the building itself or your contents, you can afford to replace them or repair your property. Holiday home insurance for properties in Portugal means you could have that peace of mind, knowing your building and contents can be adequately insured and protected.

Even if you spend most of the time elsewhere, our Portuguese holiday home insurance can help protect your assets when the house is vacant. In addition, if you decide to rent it out to earn a little extra income, our holiday home policy includes public liability cover.

Public Liability insurance – included in your holiday home policy

Unless you decide to permanently relocate to your holiday home in Portugal, there are going to be times when it’s sitting unused. One thing to consider doing is to make your asset work a little harder and start generating an income for you, by renting it out as a holiday home.

Purchasing property insurance in Portugal

To make sure you get suitable cover for your holiday home in Portugal you must first know exactly what needs protecting. For example, you might want to consider protecting your home against theft, especially if it’s likely to remain unoccupied for some time.

You may also have a few extras that need protecting, such as pools and hot tubs.

Our insurance includes numerous benefits including:

  • Emergency travel expenses after a major claim
  • Damages to outbuildings, garages and swimming pools
  • Any kind of damage during short or long term lettings
  • Emergency accommodation if your property is damaged or uninhabitable
  • Public Liability insurance of up to £5million as standard

Intasure Customer Reviews

Find out more with Intasure

With decades of experience in providing cover for clients both at home and across Europe, we’re specialists when it comes to offering competitive policies for holiday homes.

Our Holiday Home insurance has been designed to meet the needs of Holiday Home Owners. Post Brexit, we have developed a solution which enables us to continue to service the needs of our customers who may reside in the EEA*

Our friendly sales teams are here to help and will go through the policy with you to help make sure it suits your needs.

To find out more about our property insurance in Portugal, call us today on 0345 111 0680 and talk to one of our sales team, or fill in our online form for a no-obligation quote today.

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

* Services are provided by a Swedish company in our group – Nordic Försäkring & Riskhantering AB. (“Nordic”). Intasure is trading name of Nordic so our branding, documentation and approach will remain that which you are familiar with.

Intasure is a trading name of Nordic Försäkring & Riskhantering AB which is authorised by the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority. Incorporated in Sweden under company number 556418-5014 with registered address at Mölndalsvägen 22, 412 63 Göteborg, Sweden.

Ref: WB15-2021l

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents