When reviewing home buildings insurance packages, make sure that the cost of repairing partial damage or rebuilding your holiday home is covered. This should include the structure of the building and any permanent fixtures and fittings, including bathrooms. Also, be sure to check that external buildings are covered, such as swimming pools, summer houses, and sheds. Our policies offer up to £1 million BSI (building sum insured) cover.

Holiday home contents insurance typically covers the cost of your household furniture, belongings, and valuables (jewellery, electronics, etc.) if they’re stored in your holiday home or any outbuildings. Please be advised that contents left in vehicles are excluded. A good rule of thumb: “contents” are any personal property removed from a second home when sold.