Holiday Home FAQs

How much does holiday home insurance cost?

By |2022-01-31T16:56:56+00:00January 31st, 2022||

The cost of holiday home insurance varies depending on several factors, including: The location of your property - for example, if it’s in a place where flooding is likely, you would expect to pay higher premiums. The size of your property - typically, you’d expect to pay higher premiums for a large mansion or villa

Can I leave my holiday home unoccupied?

By |2022-01-31T16:55:47+00:00January 31st, 2022||

Our holiday home insurance policies cover properties left unoccupied for up to 60 days. This means that if you’re away from your holiday home for 60 consecutive days or more, loss and damage isn’t covered. For context, many competing policies have a stricter 30-day limit.

How much cover do I need for my holiday home?

By |2022-01-31T16:55:01+00:00January 31st, 2022||

When reviewing home buildings insurance packages, make sure that the cost of repairing partial damage or rebuilding your holiday home is covered. This should include the structure of the building and any permanent fixtures and fittings, including bathrooms. Also, be sure to check that external buildings are covered, such as swimming pools, summer houses, and

Do I need public liability insurance for a holiday let?

By |2022-01-31T16:53:51+00:00January 31st, 2022||

While public liability insurance for a holiday let isn’t a legal requirement, it’s typically added to cover as it could protect you from legal costs arising from guests who experience injury, disease, illness, or death during their stay in the event of an insured claim. The word “liability” is important here; if you are considered

Do I need holiday home insurance for holiday rentals?

By |2022-01-31T16:52:15+00:00January 31st, 2022||

One way of making an income from your second property would be letting it out for short or long term lets whilst you are not using it. Depending on your property’s location, you could see a considerable return on your investment, especially during peak season. Just remember to declare any income to HMRC. If you

Do I legally need holiday home insurance?

By |2022-01-31T16:50:39+00:00January 31st, 2022||

While holiday home insurance isn’t a legal requirement in the UK, some mortgage lenders may require you to take out a policy that includes buildings insurance. In addition, while contents cover isn’t mandatory, you may want to carefully consider including it in your policy. With suitable cover in place, you can protect your possessions in

Go to Top