Holiday let insurance isn’t compulsory in the UK, but you should consider some form of insurance. If you have a mortgage for your buy-to-let property, many lenders will require you to have building insurance as a minimum. That said, even if you own your holiday home outright, it’s still a good idea to have insurance in place to help protect against financial liabilities.

Remember, building insurance won’t cover all the risks you could face. From public liability claims to accidental guest damage, there are many risks involved with owning a holiday home. You may want to consider including these covers to help protect it.