If you have a mortgage on your buy-to-let, you’ll likely need buildings insurance at a minimum. Many mortgage lenders require that you have buildings insurance in place. However, this only protects the structure of your home from damage and might not provide cover for additional risks.

Holiday home insurance is a specialist type of cover that provides additional protection for your investment, should the worst happen. It can help to safeguard your holiday home and its contents against damage or theft, which can be especially important if you let out your home to paying guests. Cover can also be included for public liability claims and periods of unoccupancy.