Accidental damage cover is for incidents such as red wine being spilt on the sofa or a football kicked through a window. Under our UK Main Residence Policy and UK Landlords Policy this cover is given as standard, under the Holiday Home Policy it is optional, and if taken covers accidents caused by both yourself and tenants (tenants defined as anyone lawfully on the property)