BUILDINGS AND CONTENTS INSURANCE
Significant Features and Benefits
Cover is provided for an extensive list of perils such as fire, lightning, explosion, storm or flood, earthquake, theft, etc. – see policy booklet.
In addition cover is provided for:
Any permanent structure used for your business at the premises stated in the schedule including:
- Landlords’ fixtures and fittings;
- Walls, gates and fences,
- Yards and car parks
- Telephone, gas, water and electric installations, piping, ducting, cables, wires and associated control gear and accessories extending to the public mains which you are responsible to repair or reinstate.
- Outbuildings, extensions, annexes and gangways;
- Machinery, plant, fixtures fittings, utensils and all other contents relating to your business at the premises stated in the schedule.
- Contents in outbuildings, extensions, annexes and gangways.
- In so far as they are not insured elsewhere your Employees’, directors’, visitors’ and guests’ pedal cycles and personal effects (except motor vehicles) for an amount not exceeding £250 for any one pedal cycle and £500 for all other personal effects of any one employee, director, visitor or guest.
You will normally have to pay the initial policy excess for each claim. This policy excess applies to claims made on the buildings and contents section of your policy. These excesses may vary by your choice and/or underwriting criteria. Your quotation and policy schedule will show the specific excesses applicable to you.
OPTIONAL ADDITIONAL COVERS
(Depending on the policy cover selected)
The following additional cover can be purchased and will be shown on your Quote Summary or Policy Schedule.
- Business Interruption – Prevention of access, Public supply undertaking, Property stored, Suppliers or customers.
SIGNIFICANT AND UNUSUAL EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS
No cover is provided for the deductible for each peril shown in the schedule. No cover is provided for inbuilt defect, wear and tear and defective workmanship. No cover is provided for frost. No cover is provided for damage caused by or consisting of theft or attempted theft, fraud or dishonesty where any person in your employment or service or any member of your family are concerned as principal or accessory.
All communications, including the policy wordings, are written in plain English with no jargon to ensure you know exactly what is covered.
Any special conditions and terms that may apply will be found in your individual quotation and schedule.