Protect your second property with holiday home insurance in Greece

We can help you find suitable insurance for your needs, tailoring cover to the risks associated with your property and location. So, whether you’re eyeing up a property in Athens or a villa on the shores of Corfu, our cover can help provide financial protection.

Keen to rent out your place in the sun? It may also be worth exploring Intasure’s holiday let insurance.

What is Greece holiday home insurance?

Holiday home insurance is like cover for a main residence, but with a few key differences. Holiday homes can often be left unoccupied for prolonged periods, so you may want a policy that keeps your home safe when you’re not there. A standard home insurance policy may not provide cover if no one is living there for extended periods.

Our holiday home insurance for properties in Greece can provide cover for a range of risks.

What does holiday home insurance Greece cover?

Holiday home insurance can provide financial protection for your property in several situations. For example, combined buildings and contents insurance is offered as standard, providing cover against damage to your property’s structure as well as the contents inside. We also offer covers such as public liability and emergency travel costs.

Buildings and contents insurance

Whether your property’ structure is damaged or the contents inside are stolen, our buildings and contents cover can help with such situations.

Intasure offers protection from the following risks as standard:

  • Damage to buildings or contents

    due to natural disasters, such as flooding and fires

  • Escape of water or oil

    from household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers

  • Theft

    of household contents

  • Accidental damage

    to household goods, carpets, and sanitary fixtures

  • Loss or damage

    caused by electrical power surges

Public liability cover

Public liability cover can protect you against the financial risks of letting your holiday home to paying guests. In such scenarios, this cover offers protection in cases such as a guest suffering bodily injury whilst staying in your property, or if damage is caused to a third party property.

We offer £5 million cover as standard for insured public liability claims.

Emergency travel costs cover

We can cover emergency travel costs if something disastrous happens to your holiday home while you’re out of the country.

Alternative accommodation cover

Following a claim, we also provide alternative accommodation if your property is rendered uninhabitable.

Loss of rent cover

Following a claim, we can cover loss of rent if you can’t let out your property due to severe damage.

Unoccupancy cover

Unoccupancy cover can help to relieve worries about your property when you’re out of the country. Subject to policy terms and conditions, we can cover your property year-round if you visit weekly, monthly, or just for a couple of weeks a year. For example, small issue like a leaky tap when you’re not there turning into escape of water can still be covered even when you’re not staying at the property.

What types of properties can be covered?

Whether you own a traditional farmhouse high up in the Greek hills or a seaside villa on the island of Mykonos, Intasure aims to help. Here is a list of the types of properties in Greece we can arrange insurance for:

  • Villas (including pools and outbuildings)
  • Houses and bungalows
  • Flats and apartments

Why choose Intasure for Greece holiday home insurance?

We have years of experience with insuring properties in Greece. What’s more, we’re UK-based, so you’ll have access to our English-speaking team when discussing your policy.

Here are some more benefits to choosing Intasure:

  • Customers can tailor insurance to their needs with optional covers

  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability cover

  • Cover for short and long-term lets

  • Cover whether the property is occupied or not, for up to 60 days

  • Emergency travel costs for insured claims

  • Loss of rent cover following an insured claim

  • Alternative accommodation costs for insured claims

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Holiday Home Insurance in Greece FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

The cost of holiday home insurance varies depending on several factors, including:

  • Your property’s location– for example, areas in close proximity to rivers, seas or other bodies of water, could result in higher premiums
  • The size of your property– larger properties tend to attract higher premiums
  • The contents within your property– storing high-value contents in your property can result in greater insurance costs

Our policy can provide insurance for holiday homes let to paying guests, including public liability cover of £5 million as standard. Following an insured claim, our insurance can cover costs associated with several risks, such as accidental damage and theft.

Taking out building and contents cover could be beneficial as a financial safety net in the case of loss or damage. If you have a mortgage on your property, you may be required to have suitable property insurance as part of your contract’s terms and conditions.

Holiday home insurance isn’t mandatory in Greece. However, if you plan to spend periods away from your second property, it’s wise to consider it. Not doing so could be very costly in the long run.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Buildings and contents insurance suitable for holiday homes let via Airbnb.

Swimming pool at a modern luxury villa, Crete, Greece

Protection for your holiday home when it’s let to paying guests.

At Intasure, we can provide an insurance solution for expat homeowners.

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Helpful articles from Intasure