Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Protect your second property with holiday home insurance in Bulgaria.

In recent years, Bulgaria has become a popular tourist destination, which is why increasing numbers of people are buying second homes here. It’s easy to see why: beautiful beaches, ancient churches, and imposing mountain ranges abound.

But suppose you’re looking to extend your portfolio to Bulgaria. In that case, you may first want to consider how you can safeguard your property and your finances from risks with the appropriate level of holiday home insurance and holiday lets insurance. That’s where Intasure can help.

You can find out what our Bulgaria holiday home insurance offers by continuing to read this page, or by contacting our team today. Ready for a quote? Simply click the button below.

What is Bulgarian holiday home insurance?

Bulgarian holiday home insurance provides cover for second properties across Bulgaria. When a second home isn’t within easy reach, it’s crucial that you have an insurance policy that steps in when the worst happens. That’s what holiday home insurance in Bulgaria does — it safeguards your property in the event of disasters, whether natural or man made.

Here at Intasure, we passionately believe that if you’re buying a property in another country, you should have a tailored insurance policy that reflects the local (and often specific) rules present in that region. That’s precisely how our Bulgarian holiday home insurance works. Our team will create you a bespoke policy tailored to the country’s unique risks.

For instance, flood damage is a genuine threat in Bulgaria. But you can rest easy that Intasure’s holiday home insurance offers financial support against natural disasters, including fires and earthquakes.

Many other risks arise from leaving your home unprotected for long stretches, including theft, and if you house tenants, accidental damage or injury.

What does holiday home insurance Bulgaria cover?

Those with a home insurance policy will already be familiar with our basic cover. Buildings and contents protection comes as standard with all our Bulgaria holiday home insurance policies. It protects your bricks and mortar from damage, and your home’s contents from theft, loss, or damage. But there is additional cover to consider.

Buildings and Contents Cover

Our buildings and contents cover extends to outbuildings and swimming pools, common in many warmer parts of Bulgaria.

The cover protects you against:

  • Damage to your building or contents due to natural disasters, such as flooding, earthquakes (dependent on location), and fires.
  • Escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers.
  • Theft of personal property, money (up to £250), and valuables.
  • Accidental damage to household goods, carpets, sanitary fixtures, etc.
  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.

Public Liability Cover

Bulgaria’s capital Sofia is undoubtedly the country’s most well-known destination; however, many towns across the Black Sea shoreline are also popular with holiday let owners. Wherever you choose to buy, you’ll want to consider the benefits of public liability cover which can protect you against the financial risks of housing guests.

Therefore, we offer up to £5 million coverage for insured claims. In such scenarios, this cover offers protection if a guest damages your property or raises a claim for compensation because of injury. In either case, public liability protection can pay your legal costs.

Emergency Travel Cover

Minor problems can quickly snowball into serious issues when you’re away from your property. That could be a leaking pipe leading to water damage, or storm damage rendering your home uninhabitable. However, rest assured that if a disaster arises, our emergency travel insurance reimburses you for any travel costs — so you’re never out of pocket when it comes to fixing issues.

Loss of Rent Cover

If you have a confirmed rental booking that can’t go ahead due to house damage, loss of rent cover steps in to prevent you from being left out of pocket.

Alternative Accommodation Cover

Damage to your property may mean it’s no longer inhabitable. Alternative accommodation cover can pay hotel fees if your family needs to relocate while repairs are undertaken.

Unoccupancy Cover

With unoccupancy cover, there’s no need to worry about your property when you’re out of the country. We’ll keep your holiday home protected all year round, for up to 60 days. This means a small issue like a leaky tap when you’re not there turning into a flood won’t cripple your finances.

What property types can I cover?

Whether you choose a ski chalet in the Alpine-like ski resort of Borovets, or a city apartment in Sofia, our policy has your property covered.

Here is a list of properties that we typically arrange cover for:

  • Flats and apartments
  • Lodges & chalets in ski resorts
  • Houses and villas in beach resorts

How much does overseas property insurance in Bulgaria cost?

Insurance policy premiums vary depending on several factors specific to your property, including:

  • Your property’s location – in-demand areas, such as city centres, ski resorts and villas, may have higher premiums.
  • The size of your property – larger properties tend to attract higher premiums. This may also be the case if the property has a pool or hot tub.
  • Your property’s age – older properties are more costly to insure.
  • The contents within your property – storing high-value contents in your property can result in greater insurance costs.

Why choose Intasure?

Intasure stands out from other insurance providers. That’s because we have a deep understanding of Bulgaria’s rules and regulations surrounding property. What’s more, we’re UK-based, so you’ll always speak to someone in English when discussing your policy.

Here are some more benefits to choosing Intasure:

  • Customers can tailor insurance to their needs with optional covers.
  • High levels of cover with up to £1 million buildings and £5 million public liability protection available.
  • Cover for short and long-term lets.
  • Cover whether the property is occupied or not, for up to 60 days.
  • Emergency travel costs for insured claims.
  • Loss of rent cover following an insured claim.
  • Alternative accommodation costs for insured claims.

Bulgarian Holiday Home Insurance FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

How do I make a claim? 2022-03-18T11:14:30+00:00

Making a claim is straightforward. Simply call us on 0345 111 0672, and our dedicated team will be more than happy to help you.

Do I need holiday home insurance to rent out my Bulgarian property?2022-03-18T11:12:51+00:00

While this is not a legal requirement in Bulgaria, you may want to consider additional protection. Liability insurance ensures you’re not left out of pocket if compensation claims arise, or if guests damage your holiday home.

Do I need both buildings and contents insurance for my holiday home in Bulgaria?2022-03-18T11:12:15+00:00

There’s no legal requirement to have both forms of insurance when insuring your holiday home in Bulgaria.

At Intasure, our holiday home insurance policy packages these common forms of cover together. This allows us to present a more competitive package to our policyholders. For instance, combined buildings and contents cover can prove valuable in protecting your property and finances from loss.

Intasure Customer Reviews

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top