Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Help protect your second property in Malta with holiday home insurance.

It’s a special thing to own a second property—having the freedom to enjoy breaks in the sun whenever you please. However, like with everything, there are risks involved. And depending on the area and type of property, these risks could vary. Therefore, if you are holiday home hunting in Malta, it’s a good time to start thinking about holiday home insurance. Looking to rent out your new house to guests for extra income? We’ve got a policy for that too: holiday let insurance

To learn about the cover included in our policies, contact our dedicated customer service team or click the button below for a quote.

What is holiday home insurance in Malta?

A second property is a real treasure. Somewhere you can escape to when the mercury drops in the UK. However, there are risks to owning a property which is left unoccupied for long periods of the year. That’s why Intasure home insurance policies exist. Our holiday home insurance can help protect you from a range of common problems, such as damage, loss, and theft.

We can help protect your property from natural disasters too. From extreme weather to earthquakes (dependent on location), Intasure’s Malta holiday home insurance helps safeguard you against costly repairs. Insurance is especially worth careful consideration if you only plan to visit your property a handful of times a year.

Regardless of whether anyone is present at your holiday home or not, our cover can help protect you. What’s more, following an insured claim, we offer public liability insurance of up to £5 million for holiday homeowners who let their property out to guests.

What does holiday home insurance in Malta cover?

Holiday home insurance in Malta can help safeguard your finances from a range of risks. Two standard forms of insurance, buildings and contents cover, are combined which can be cheaper than buying two separate polices. We also offer other useful forms of cover, such as alternative accommodation and loss of rent protection.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Buildings and Contents Cover

Whether your property is in a state of disrepair, or you’ve had high-value belongings stolen, our buildings and contents cover can help. We also include outbuildings and swimming pools within our insurance packages.

In summary, we can protect you against the following risks:

  • Damage to buildings due to natural disasters, such as storms, fires, or lightning.
  • Loss or damage to buildings caused by falling aerials, solar panels, satellite dishes, and fittings.
  • Optional accidental damage to underground services to the holiday home for which you are legally responsible
  • Protection against damage during short or long-term lettings.
  • Theft of personal property, money (up to £250), or valuables.
  • Optional accidental damage to household goods such as fixed glass and sanitary fixtures.
  • Optional cover for lost or stolen keys.

Public Liability Cover

Letting out your holiday home can be a great way to earn extra income. However, there are numerous risks involved. For instance, should a guest damage your belongings or be harmed on your property following an insured claim. As such, we offer public liability cover of up to £5 million through our holiday home insurance policy. That includes cover for legal costs and compensation fees if you’re liable for damage, harm, or loss.

Emergency Travel Cover

If your property has suffered damage, you may have to hop on a flight. However, last-minute travel is often expensive. That’s why, after an insured claim, we want to make life that little bit easier by covering the cost of returning to your second home in Malta.

Loss of Rent Cover

If your property is rendered uninhabitable (perhaps from a natural disaster) from an insured claim, and it’s unsuitable to house paying guests, we can cover the cost of rent losses.

Unoccupancy Cover

A second home isn’t a primary residence. Therefore, you will likely spend most of your time somewhere else. But that’s fine. Choose Intasure, and you can have protection when your property is unoccupied for escape of metered water and oil for up to 60 days.

What Maltese property types can we cover?

Whether it’s a modern apartment in the capital city of Valetta, a seafront villa in Mellieha, or a townhouse in Sillema, we can help. At Intasure, we cover the following property types:

  • Apartments
  • Maisonettes
  • Townhouses and terraced houses
  • Villas with pools or hot tubs
  • Seafront properties

How much does holiday home insurance in Malta cost?

Holiday home insurance varies in cost. A series of factors to consider include:

  • The size of your property – properties with sizeable square footage may receive higher insurance costs. Also, pools or hot tubs on your land can push up the cost of holiday home insurance.
  • The age and upkeep of your property – properties in good shape typically have lower insurance costs.
  • The contents inside your property – insurance premiums are generally higher when there are valuable objects inside the property.

Why choose Intasure?

Intasure is familiar with the nature of property markets abroad, including local regulations. Therefore, you can benefit from:

  • Specialist knowledge of insuring properties in Malta – understanding the laws and requirements in the property market.
  • An English-speaking customer service team.
  • Policies tailorable to the level of cover you need with optional extras.
  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability.

Are you inquiring about a complex property or regulatory issue? Our team are all English speaking and based in the UK, and so help avoid communication issues.

Holiday Home Insurance Malta FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

What does holiday home insurance in Malta not cover?2022-03-21T17:09:01+00:00

Intasure offer a wide range of protection—however, our holiday home insurance does not cover the following:

  • Loss, damage, liability, cost, or expense caused by an act of terrorism.
  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship, defective design, or defective materials.
  • Damage caused by pets.
Do I need both building and contents insurance?2022-03-21T17:08:07+00:00

Neither of the above forms of insurance are compulsory in Malta. However, as mentioned, it may be worth thinking about. You may also be absent for long periods, which is a sound reason for considering holiday home insurance.

Do I legally need holiday home insurance in Malta?2022-03-21T17:07:32+00:00

Holiday home insurance is not a legal requirement in Malta. However, when one weighs up the positives and negatives, it makes sense to consider protection. Also, if you’re likely to be away from your property for long periods, there’s even more reason to safeguard against risks.

Intasure Customer Reviews

Intasure has been providing our customers high-quality holiday home insurance policies for years, why not try us today by filling out our online form?

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top