Protect your second property with Netherlands holiday home insurance

If you own a holiday home in the Netherlands or plan to buy one, you should consider finding cover to protect it financially from loss and damage. For instance, a broken pipe could lead to flooding or a paying guest might become injured and sue you for negligence. Situations such these can be costly without suitable insurance in place. Intasure’s holiday home insurance can help.

What is Netherlands holiday home insurance?

Netherlands holiday home insurance can help protect your property financially, should loss or damage occur. As holiday homes can experience longer unoccupancy periods than main homes, cover that offers protection for your property during such times can be beneficial.

Our team can help to create you a bespoke policy tailored to your property’s needs. Intasure’s holiday home insurance offers financial support against a range of risks.

What does Netherlands holiday home insurance cover?

Those with a home insurance policy will already be familiar with our basic cover. Buildings and contents protection can both be included with our Netherlands holiday home insurance. It helps to protect your property from damage and your home’s contents from theft, loss, or damage.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Buildings and contents cover

Our cover helps protect against damage or loss to structure of your holiday home and contents. The protection extends to outbuildings and swimming pools.

The cover offers protection against:

  • Damage to buildings or contents

    due to natural disasters, such as flooding and fires

  • Escape of water or oil

    from household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers

  • Theft

    of household contents

  • Accidental damage

    to household goods, carpets, and sanitary fixtures

  • Loss or damage

    caused by electrical power surges

Public liability cover

Public liability cover can protect you against the financial risks of letting your holiday home to paying guests. In such scenarios, this cover offers protection in cases such as a guest suffering bodily injury whilst staying in your property, or if damage is caused to a third party property.

We offer up to £5 million coverage for insured public liability claims

Emergency travel cover

Minor problems can quickly snowball into serious issues when you’re away from your property. That could be a leaking pipe leading to water damage or storm damage rendering your home uninhabitable. If a disaster arises, our emergency travel insurance can help to reimburse you for any travel costs when you need to get to your holiday home in a hurry.

Loss of rent cover

If you have a confirmed rental booking that can’t go ahead due to house damage, loss of rent cover can help to cover the lost income.

Alternative accommodation cover

Damage to your property may mean it’s no longer inhabitable. Alternative accommodation cover can cover hotel fees if you need to relocate while repairs are undertaken.

Unoccupancy cover

Unoccupancy cover can help to relieve worries about your property when you’re out of the country. Subject to policy terms and conditions, we can cover your property year-round if you visit weekly, monthly, or just for a couple of weeks a year. For example, small issue like a leaky tap when you’re not there turning into escape of water can still be covered even when you’re not staying at the property.

What property types can I get cover for?

Whether you choose to buy an Amsterdam apartment or a trendy townhouse in the suburbs, our insurance policies can offer financial protection. We cover the following property types:

  • Flats and apartments
  • Townhouses
  • Cottages

Why choose Intasure?

As holiday home insurance specialists, we have a vast knowledge of overseas insurance markets. We’re UK-based, so you’ll have access to our English-speaking team when discussing your policy.

Here are some more benefits to choosing Intasure:

  • Customers can tailor insurance to their needs with optional covers

  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability cover

  • Cover for short and long-term lets

  • Cover whether the property is occupied or not, for up to 60 days

  • Emergency travel costs for insured claims

  • Loss of rent cover following an insured claim

  • Alternative accommodation costs for insured claims

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Holiday home insurance Netherlands FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

Several factors influence the cost of holiday home insurance. Every property is unique, and therefore each policy is priced differently. Some of the variables that affect the price you pay include:

  • Your property’s location– for example, areas in close proximity to rivers, seas or other bodies of water, could result in higher premiums
  • The size of your property– larger properties tend to attract higher premiums
  • The contents within your property– storing high-value contents in your property can result in greater insurance costs

While holiday home insurance isn’t mandatory in the Netherlands, there are several reasons why you may want to consider purchasing a policy. For one, our cover can protect your home and contents from damage and theft. In addition, public liability insurance can help to safeguard your finances when you let your holiday home to paying guests.

Making a claim is straightforward. Simply call us on 0345 111 0672, and our dedicated team will be more than happy to help you.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Buildings and contents insurance suitable for holiday homes let via Airbnb.

Swimming pool at a modern luxury villa, Crete, Greece

Protection for your holiday home when it’s let to paying guests.

At Intasure, we can provide an insurance solution for expat homeowners.

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Helpful articles from Intasure