Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Protect your second property in Turkey with holiday home insurance.

For some, having a second home can remove the stress of finding and organising the right hotel. For others, it’s an investment for their future. But in any case, there are some risks – one of which is leaving your property unattended for long periods. That’s why our Turkey holiday home insurance exists. Whether you’re present at your property or not, we can help ensure that damages or losses can be covered.

Are you interested in letting out your second home? Check out our holiday let insurance. As regulations in Turkey vary from other countries, we’ve developed a policy that helps protect you against specific risks.

To learn more about the cover included in our policies, contact our dedicated customer service team or click the button below for a quote.

What is Turkey holiday home insurance?

If your property suffers damage or loss, the financial repercussions could be disastrous. Turkey holiday home insurance can ease this burden. Whether it’s covering structural damage or settling the loss of valuable belongings, our policies can act as a safeguard.

Turkey is in an active seismic zone with a history of earthquakes and flooding. The latest incident occurred only in 2020, resulting in numerous injuries and over 100 deaths.1 As such, you should consider a policy like ours to help financially protect you from the impact of natural disasters on your property. In addition to considering Turkish holiday home insurance, DASK insurance is required of all holiday homeowners in Turkey. This is because the Turkish government requires that all homes be covered by earthquake insurance.

We offer cover whether your holiday home is occupied or left unattended. What’s more, we provide public liability insurance up to £5 million for those who let their property out to paying guests or family.

What does holiday home insurance in Turkey cover?

The two core forms of property insurance we offer are buildings and contents insurance, combined in the same package. This includes alternative accommodation, and loss of rent cover, for insured claims.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Buildings and Contents Cover

Living several hours away from your second property can pose a series of potential risks. Whether it be a burst water pipe that leads to a flood or a burglary that sees the loss of valuable items, there are risks to leaving your property unoccupied. Buildings and contents insurance can ease these financial burdens.

Intasure can help arrange cover against the following risks:

  • Damage to buildings or contents due to natural disasters, such as extreme weather, floods, fires, storms, and earthquakes.
  • Escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers.
  • Theft of personal property, money (up to £250), and valuables.
  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.
  • Accidental damage to household goods such as fixed glass, sanitary fixtures.
  • Optional cover for lost or stolen keys.

Public Liability Cover

Renting out your second home in Turkey can be a great way to earn extra income. However, risks are involved, particularly when paying guests stay at your property. Whether someone ruins your carpet or damages an expensive dining room table, public liability cover can help. Intasure offer up to £5 million in aid. We can also provide legal costs if a guest is injured at your property and decides to claim compensation.

Emergency Travel Costs Cover

Anything could happen to your property while you’re away, and the prospect that you aren’t in easy reach can be a frightening one. Emergency travel insurance can reimburse your expenses, following an insured claim, if you need to rush back to your second home to take care of an issue such as an electrical fire. What’s more, if your house is rendered uninhabitable, we’ll even arrange alternative accommodation for you.

Loss of Rent Cover

Like alternative accommodation cover, for insured claims, we can also provide loss of rent insurance if your house isn’t fit for paying guests (for instance, from a natural disaster). This protection could be critical if you rely on regular income generated from rent.

Unoccupancy Cover

A second home isn’t a primary residence. Therefore, you will likely spend most of your time somewhere else. But that’s fine. Choose Intasure, and you can have protection when your property is unoccupied, including for up to 60 days for escape of metered water and oil.

Additional Cover

It’s not only your holiday home that we’ll protect, too. We also offer cover for pools, hot tubs, and other facilities common at Turkish villas.

DASK Insurance Cover

We also offer DASK or compulsory earthquake insurance, a mandatory cover for properties in Turkey. It can cover material damages to buildings caused by earthquakes or other disasters, such as fires, explosions, tsunamis, and landslides. It is a policy established by the World Bank and the Turkish Government, provided by the Turkish Catastrophe Insurance Pool.

What properties types can I cover?

From luxury apartments in Istanbul to seaside villas in Bodrum, Turkey has a great mix of property options. At Intasure, we cover the following Turkish property types:

  • Villas with pools or hot tubs.
  • Properties in gated communities.
  • Flats and apartments.

How much does Turkey holiday home insurance cost?

The cost of Turkey holiday home insurance can vary depending on a range of factors that include:

  • The size of your property – larger properties typically incur higher insurance costs. This is also true if you have extra facilities, such as a pool or hot tub.
  • The age and upkeep of your property – modern properties often cost less to insure.
  • The contents in your property – if you have high-value belongings in your house, there’s a good chance you’ll pay more for insurance.

Why choose Intasure?

We adapt our insurance policies in line with changing regulations abroad.

Here are a handful of other reasons to choose Intasure:

  • We have specialist knowledge of insuring properties in Turkey.
  • We offer policies tailorable to the level of cover you need.
  • We provide up to £1 million buildings protection and £5 million public liability.
  • We have a dedicated, English speaking, customer service team.

Holiday Home Turkey Insurance FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

What does holiday home insurance in Turkey not cover?2022-04-11T16:21:17+01:00

Intasure offer a broad range of services. However, there are a few exceptions, including:

  • Loss, damage, liability, cost, or expense caused by an act of terrorism.
  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship, defective design, or defective materials.
  • Damage caused by pets.
Do I need DASK Insurance?2022-04-11T16:19:34+01:00

Yes, you do. DASK insurance covers you if your house is damaged by an earthquake or a disaster directly linked to one. It’s a legal requirement in Turkey.

Do I legally need holiday home insurance in Turkey?2022-04-11T16:18:24+01:00

No, you’re not legally required to have holiday home insurance in Turkey. But as you may be away for long periods, you should consider it. You are, however, obliged to arrange national earthquake insurance (DASK).

See what our customers are saying about Intasure

To find out more about our DASK and holiday home insurance policies get in touch with our customer service team or fill out our online quote form today!

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top