Please be aware that Intasure is currently unable to offer cover in the UAE or Morocco for new or renewing customers. For more information, please call 0345 111 0680 or email

Protect your second property with UAE holiday home insurance

In 2006, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) opened up to property investors from overseas. Since then, the country has attracted a growing number of investors thanks to its luxury attractions, high-end shopping malls, fine-dining restaurants, and world-class hotels.

If you own a second home in Dubai or another part of the UAE and are keen to protect your property, then it may be worth exploring how holiday home insurance can help. At Intasure, we offer property insurance, including holiday let insurance, to help protect your home all-year-round.

What is UAE holiday home insurance?

UAE holiday home insurance can provide cover for second properties across Dubai, Abu Dhabi and the rest of the UAE.

Intasure can provide building and contents insurance cover as standard. Holiday home insurance can also include extra protection, factoring in the additional risks secondary property owners may face. For example, if you rent your home out to paying guests and don’t have suitable cover, such as liability insurance, there could be severe financial implications should a problem arise and you’re found liable.

What does holiday home insurance cover?

Owning a holiday home in the UAE can be perfect for taking advantage of the beautiful weather and earning rental income. However, things can go wrong, so you may want to consider an insurance policy that can help protect you financially.

These are brief product descriptions only. Please refer to the policy documentation paying particular attention to the terms and conditions, exclusions, warranties, subjectivities, excesses and any endorsements.

Buildings and contents cover

Our buildings and contents cover extends to outbuildings and swimming pools, common in many parts of the UAE.

The cover offers protection against:

  • Damage to buildings or contents

    due to natural disasters, such as flooding and fires

  • Escape of water or oil

    from household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers

  • Theft

    of household contents

  • Accidental damage

    to household goods, carpets, and sanitary fixtures

  • Loss or damage

    caused by electrical power surges

Public liability cover

Public liability cover can protect you against the financial risks of letting your holiday home to paying guests. In such scenarios, this cover offers protection in cases such as a guest suffering bodily injury whilst staying in your property, or if damage is caused to a third party property.

We offer £5 million cover as standard for insured public liability claims.

Emergency travel cover

Minor problems can quickly snowball into serious issues when you’re away from your property. That could be a leaking pipe leading to water damage, or storm damage rendering your home uninhabitable. If a disaster arises, our emergency travel insurance can help to reimburse you for any travel costs when you need to get to your holiday home in a hurry.

Loss of rent cover

If you have a confirmed rental booking that can’t go ahead due to house damage, loss of rent cover can help to cover the lost income.

Alternative accommodation cover

Damage to your property may mean it’s no longer inhabitable. Alternative accommodation cover can cover hotel fees if you need to relocate while repairs are undertaken.

Unoccupancy cover

Unoccupancy cover can help to relieve worries about your property when you’re out of the country. Subject to policy terms and conditions, we can cover your property year-round if you visit weekly, monthly, or just for a couple of weeks a year. For example, small issue like a leaky tap when you’re not there turning into escape of water can still be covered even when you’re not staying at the property.

What property types can Intasure cover?

Whether you own a villa on Abu Dhabi’s stunning Palm Islands or a penthouse suite in a luxury Dubai apartment block, our policies can help to financially protect your second home.

Here are some of the property types we cover:

  • Villas, including those in private communities
  • Apartments and penthouses in high rise buildings

Why choose Intasure?

We provide holiday home insurance for areas across the UAE. Here are some more benefits to choosing Intasure:

  • Customers can tailor insurance to their needs with optional covers

  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability cover

  • Cover for short and long-term lets

  • Cover whether the property is occupied or not, for up to 60 days

  • Emergency travel costs for insured claims

  • Loss of rent cover following an insured claim

  • Alternative accommodation costs for insured claims

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

UAE holiday home insurance FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

Several factors can influence the price you can expect to pay for your insurance, including:

  • Your property’s location– for example, areas with a bad crime rate can result in higher premiums
  • The size of your property– larger properties tend to attract higher premiums
  • Your property’s age– older properties can be more costly to insure
  • The contents within your property– storing high-value contents in your property can result in greater insurance costs

The answer to this question depends on your circumstances. You may feel that buildings and contents cover is sufficient. Still, if you’re renting out a property, you may want to consider a policy such as ours, which includes liability cover up to £5 million. Our policies can also include loss of rent and alternative accommodation cover.

Holiday home insurance is not mandatory in the UAE but having a suitable policy in place can help safeguard your property from numerous risks. Our product is designed to help protect your property from structural and accidental damage, as well as providing cover against theft and loss following an insured claim.

Making a claim is straightforward. Simply call us on 0345 111 0672, and our dedicated team will be more than happy to help you.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Buildings and contents insurance suitable for holiday homes let via Airbnb.

Swimming pool at a modern luxury villa, Crete, Greece

Protection for your holiday home when it’s let to paying guests.

At Intasure, we can provide an insurance solution for expat homeowners.

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Helpful articles from Intasure