Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Home » Property insurance » Listed

Is your listed home properly protected?

Listed buildings are often much older and may have additional risks attached to them, as well as restrictions that are designed to preserve the history, character and heritage of the building. As such, you’ll find that standard buildings insurance often doesn’t make allowances for these unique features. That means you may have to look for specialist listed building insurance from providers who deal in home insurance for listed properties.

What are listed buildings?

In the UK, Grade II and Grade II* listed buildings are usually residential properties of particular historical or cultural significance (although some commercial properties can also be listed). They may be a unique construction, have an important social context, have specific architectural designs or features, or be regarded as a particularly good example of a certain type of heritage building.

Is my property listed?

Generally speaking, most buildings constructed before 1700 which are in relatively original condition are likely to be listed. Buildings that are less than 30 years old are not normally regarded as being of any historic or architectural interest.

The trouble is that some buildings, especially those that date from the middle of the 20th century, may be on the Listed Buildings register, but you may be unaware of their status. That means if you take out ordinary buildings insurance it could be invalid because of the status of the building.

You can find out if your property is on the Listed Buildings register with a simple online search – historicengland.org.uk

Why is it so important?

Listed properties are great to live in – they’re packed full of character and often have quirky little details that are unique to the building. That means repairing them or restoring them after they’ve been damaged can cost much, much more. To cover those higher costs, you should consider specialist listed building insurance that takes into account the restrictions and conditions that often restrict how you look after a listed building.

That’s where we can help. At Intasure we want to make it easy for you to get suitable listed property insurance that can give you the protection and flexibility to insure you against loss and damage.

Intasure home insurance for Grade II Listed buildings offers a host of benefits. Our team are ready to help with any queries you may have about house insurance for Grade II listed buildings and other forms of listed property insurance.

What type of buildings do you cover?

We provide access to a wide range of listed building house insurance for private dwellings granted Grade II or Grade II* status. In Scotland, buildings granted B and C status, including those built in the following materials:

  • Standard construction
  • Wattle and daub
  • Lathe and plaster
  • Timber framed
  • Cob

Please bear in mind that we do not provide insurance for thatched buildings, or Grade I or A listed buildings.

*You can create a unique package that includes a wide range of benefits such as:

  •  Optional Accidental Damage cover for Buildings and/or Contents

  •  Cover provided during unoccupied periods

  •  Alternative accommodation cover – following an insured loss under Buildings

  •  24 hour emergency property assistance available alongside Buildings cover

  •  Public Liability cover up to £2million included as standard

  •  Optional All Risk cover for personal effects and valuables

What else can affect the cost of my insurance?

While having Listed Building status on your property can affect the premiums you pay, there are other aspects of the building’s use and its location that need to be taken into consideration.

You’ll need to check if:

  • The building is being used as a business as well as a residential property
  • You have had any claims in the last five years
  • If there are any previous subsidence issues, or if the building has been affected by flooding in the last 25 years
  • There have been any alterations to the building (within the confines of the Listed Building regulations)

Intasure Customer Reviews

How much will I pay?

Every home is different, and every listed building is unique. One of our sales team will be able to discuss your requirements to source a solution for you. .

To find out more, contact us on 0345 111 0680 and talk to one of our sales team today or request a quote.

*This provides you with a summary of the cover, policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Ref: WB15-2021a

callback refer a friend Eu Residents