Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Do you have a second property in Denmark? Or are you currently considering making Scandinavia your home away from home? In any case, we can help you with all your holiday home insurance needs. What’s more, if you’re keen on renting out your prized property, we can also arrange holiday let insurance, which can help cover many of the risks associated with housing holidaymakers.

Did you know that permission to buy a holiday home in Denmark is granted by the government? It typically helps have strong ties to the country, or have holidayed in Denmark regularly over the last 10 years1. Here at Intasure, we can help shed some light on these customs, so you’re in a better position to buy a second home. Whether you’re looking for a modern apartment in the capital of Copenhagen or want a chalet off the beaten track, we’re here to arrange comprehensive insurance that can protect you from property risks.

To get a quick quote, click the button below.

Get a Quote Now +

What is Denmark holiday home insurance?

Denmark holiday home insurance is like the policy you’ll find attached to your primary residence. The main difference is that your UK home is occupied for most of the year, while properties abroad remain unoccupied for long periods. As such, there are additional risks that need mitigating against. These include vandalism, theft, and natural disasters.

It could be weeks or months before you uncover damage to your second property. So, buying suitable insurance can ensure you’ll be protected from the financial losses that can arise from such disasters when you’re not there.

What does holiday home insurance in Denmark cover? 

In short, it can help to financially protect you from the risks posed to your property.

Here at Intasure, we combine buildings and contents insurance into one package. This can offer cover for your home’s structure and its contents. We also offer public liability insurance to help protect you against the risks of renting your property to paying guests. You can also benefit from the following forms of cover: loss of rent cover, emergency travel cost and alternative accommodation cover. 

Buildings and Contents Insurance

Buildings and contents insurance can act as a safety net for your finances when the property is damaged, or something happens to your possessions inside. It covers*:

  • Damage to buildings or contents due to natural disasters, such as floods, fires, avalanches, earthquakes, etc.
  • Escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances, such as washing machines or dishwashers.
  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.
  • Cover for theft, which can be extended to cover guests occupying the property.
  • Protection against damages during both short and long term lets.
  • Accidental damage cover items such as fixed glass, sanitary fixtures, etc.
  • Cover for extra facilities, such as outbuildings, saunas, and swimming pools.

*Please refer to your policy details.

Public Liability Cover

Following a claim, public liability cover can protect against the various risks of renting your property out to holidaymakers. Such issues include accidental damage, theft, loss, injury or illness. You’ll be pleased to hear that we offer public liability protection up to £5 million — which can help to keep your finances safe in the event of a disaster.

Emergency Travel Costs Cover

Suppose your property suffers damage or loss while you’re in the UK — you’ll want to return to your second home as soon as possible. That’s where, after an insured claim, emergency travel costs can help. If, for example, your second home is burgled or severe damage occurs following a burst pipe, we’ll pay the travel costs you incur in getting to Denmark. And if your property isn’t in a suitable state to stay in, we can also pay for alternative accommodation.

Loss of Rent Cover

If your second property is uninhabitable following a claim, loss of rent covers the booking income you would have received from paying guests. Please be mindful that to raise a successful claim, you will need to prove that confirmed bookings are cancelled. It can ensure you reap the rewards of a pre-panned rental schedule while fixing the issue at hand.

Unoccupancy Cover

Planning to spend time away from your holiday home? No problem. Choose Intasure, and you’ll have protection whether you are at the property or not. This includes cover for up to 60 days when there is escaped metered water or oil.

Alternative Accommodation Cover 

If your property is damaged and you can’t stay there, we can reimburse you for temporary alternative accommodation for you and your family.

How much does holiday home insurance in Denmark cost?

Several factors are taken into consideration when calculating the cost of your holiday home insurance, including: 

  • The size of your property – larger properties generally attract higher insurance premiums.
  • The age and condition of your property – a modern home that requires little renovation typically incurs lower insurance costs.
  • The contents within your property – you may pay more for insurance if there are high-value possessions inside your holiday home.
  • Facilities – saunas, swimming pools, and outbuildings can cause higher insurance costs.

What property types can I cover in Denmark?

Whether you own a modern apartment in Copenhagen or a large house in the countryside, we can cover several property types, including:

Why choose Intasure?

At Intasure, we’ve got nearly 20 years of holiday home insurance experience under our belts. That includes in-house knowledge of rules and regulations across overseas markets. Our people are also in regular communication with the Danish authorities concerning regulatory changes, which means we can change our policies in response to updates. For you, that means owning cover that’s always relevant. Other reasons to choose Intasure include:

  • Knowledge of insuring properties in Denmark.
  • Understanding laws and tax requirements.
  • English-speaking customer service.
  • Policies tailored to the level of cover you need.
  • £1 million buildings and contents cover and £5 million public liability.
  • Cover whether occupied or not.

Holiday Home Insurance Denmark FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

What is not covered with Denmark holiday home insurance?2022-05-24T11:22:24+01:00

While we offer wide-ranging cover to suit differing requirements, there are a handful of limitations, which include:

  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship or defective design.
  • Damage caused by a pet.
  • Malicious damage by persons lawfully in the home.
  • If your property is not sufficiently furnished for someone to live in.
Can Intasure holiday home insurance cover non-UK residents?2022-05-24T11:21:24+01:00

Yes, our holiday home insurance can cover individuals who don’t hold UK residency.

Do I legally need holiday home insurance in Denmark?2022-05-24T11:20:48+01:00

If you own real estate, insurance against fire is a legal requirement in Denmark2. However, given the other risks associated with owning a holiday home, it may be beneficial for you to review several optional covers to help increase your protection.

Intasure Customer Reviews

If you want a quote for your Danish holiday home call us today or fill out our online form!

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top