Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call Us Now for a QUOTE: 0345 111 0680 – Weekdays 9am – 7pm | Saturday 10am – 3pm

Client login

Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

If you own a holiday home in Estonia or plan to buy a second property here, consider purchasing holiday home insurance. It’s the best way to ensure your assets are safeguarded in a disaster. Plan to welcome paying guests into your property? We also offer holiday let insurance — with cover tailored to rental risks.

Speak to Intasure today, and you’ll have a team on-hand to help navigate the regulations surrounding property in Estonia. We have extensive experience in the sector, and possess the expertise needed to tailor holiday home insurance to your circumstances.

Get a quote online or give us a call on 0345 111 0680 to learn more.

What is holiday home insurance in Estonia?

Estonia holiday home insurance protects against loss or damage caused to your property and its contents. In essence, it’s a safety net — protecting your finances from harm if the worst happens and removing worry for more enjoyable breaks away. Holiday home insurance also offers protection when you aren’t at the property, mitigating against added risks like vandalism.

What does holiday home insurance Estonia cover?

Buildings and contents insurance is provided as standard, but we also offer optional cover, such as public liability insurance. It could prove vital if a third party is injured at your property and makes a compensation claim, for instance. We’ll discuss our cover in more detail below.

Buildings and Contents Insurance

This insurance offers financial support when your property or the possessions inside are damaged. It also safeguards against loss.

Here are some of the fundamental areas that buildings and contents insurance protects against:

  • Damage to buildings or contents due to natural disasters, such as extreme weather, floods, or storms.
  • Escaped water, sewage, or oil from household appliances, such as washing machines and dishwashers.
  • Theft of personal property, money, and valuables.
  • Accidental damage to household goods, such as fixed glass, sanitary fixtures, etc.*
  • Loss or damage caused by electrical power surges.
  • Additional cover is available for theft or accidental damage to valuables or personal possessions such as bikes.

*Please refer to your policy details. Accidental damage cover is an optional extra which can be included in your policy.

Public Liability Cover

Letting out your second home to paying guests is a great way to earn extra income, but it comes with risks. For instance, imagine a guest spills wine over your carpet, or smashes a valuable vase. In these scenarios, public liability insurance takes care of the costs. Accidental damage, theft, loss, injury, and illness are all protected against in the policy, with liability cover up to £5 million.

* Please refer to your policy details. Accidental damage cover is an optional extra which can be included in your policy.

Emergency Travel Costs Cover

Estonia is around 2000 thousand miles from the UK. So, if your house suffers damage or loss, you’ll want to hop on a plane at late notice to resolve the issue. That’s where emergency travel insurance offers support—covering the costs incurred when returning to your holiday home. 

Loss of Rent and Alternative Accommodation Cover

Following a claim, we will pay for alternative accommodation if your house is uninhabitable. Also, any loss of rent incurred from cancelled bookings is covered—meaning you won’t lose out if a disaster strikes during a busy rental schedule.

Unoccupancy Cover 

Choose Intasure, and you’ll have protection whether your property is occupied or not. Escaped metered water or oil is covered for up to 60 days when your property is left vacant.

What property types can I cover?

Whether you own a modern apartment in Tallinn or a countryside chalet, we can arrange cover. Here are the properties we typically protect:

How much does holiday home insurance in Estonia cost? 

There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to holiday home insurance; however, there are several factors that impact cost, including:

  • Size of your property – the larger your property, the higher your insurance costs.
  • Age and condition of your property – newer properties that require fewer renovations typically have smaller premiums.
  • The contents within your property – a property that houses high-value possessions is likely to incur higher insurance costs.
  • Facilities on your property’s land – properties with extra facilities, such as outbuildings, can attract higher premiums.

Why choose Intasure?

Our people have vast knowledge of Estonia’s unique property rules and regulations. Other things you can expect:

  • All our policies are adapted in line with any regulatory changes.
  • Understanding of Estonia’s laws and tax requirements.
  • Bespoke policies tailored to the level of cover you need.
  • Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability.
  • 24/7 English-speaking customer service.
  • Get a quote and buy a policy online within minutes.

Holiday Home Insurance Estonia FAQs

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

What is not covered by Estonia holiday home insurance?2022-05-23T11:02:55+01:00

We offer a wide range of services; however, there are a few risks that our holiday home insurance doesn’t cover, including:

  • Loss, damage, liability, cost, or expense caused by an act of terrorism.
  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship, defective design, or defective materials.
  • Damage caused by pets.
Do I need both buildings and content insurance for my holiday home in Estonia?2022-05-23T11:02:22+01:00

No, this standard insurance package isn’t a legal requirement in Estonia. But as mentioned above, there added risks to spending time away from your second home. This policy can safeguard your finances against damage or loss to the exterior and interior of your property, as well as damage or loss to its contents.

Is holiday home insurance a legal requirement in Estonia?2022-05-23T11:01:44+01:00

Holiday home insurance isn’t mandatory in Estonia. However, considering the additional risks associated with spending time away from your second property, it may prove vital. As could loss of rent, unoccupancy and alternative accommodation cover, emergency travel costs, and public liability (if you plan to rent out your holiday home).

Intasure Customer Reviews

Getting a quote couldn’t be easier – just fill out our simple online form and we will get back to you with our best prices!

Get a Quote Now +

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Product information
Holiday Homes, View and download Insurance product information document:
Click here

Policy Wording
Holiday Home Insurance, View and download policy wording:
Click here

Legal Assistance
View and download policy:
Keyfacts – Click here
Wording – Click here

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top