If you own a holiday home in Estonia or plan to buy a second property here, consider purchasing holiday home insurance. It’s the best way to ensure your assets are safeguarded in a disaster. Plan to welcome paying guests into your property? We also offer holiday let insurance — with cover tailored to rental risks.
Speak to Intasure today, and you’ll have a team on-hand to help navigate the regulations surrounding property in Estonia. We have extensive experience in the sector, and possess the expertise needed to tailor holiday home insurance to your circumstances.
Get a quote online or give us a call on 0345 111 0680 to learn more.
What is holiday home insurance in Estonia?
Estonia holiday home insurance protects against loss or damage caused to your property and its contents. In essence, it’s a safety net — protecting your finances from harm if the worst happens and removing worry for more enjoyable breaks away. Holiday home insurance also offers protection when you aren’t at the property, mitigating against added risks like vandalism.
What does holiday home insurance Estonia cover?
Buildings and contents insurance is provided as standard, but we also offer optional cover, such as public liability insurance. It could prove vital if a third party is injured at your property and makes a compensation claim, for instance. We’ll discuss our cover in more detail below.
Buildings and Contents Insurance
This insurance offers financial support when your property or the possessions inside are damaged. It also safeguards against loss.
Public Liability Cover
Letting out your second home to paying guests is a great way to earn extra income, but it comes with risks. For instance, imagine a guest spills wine over your carpet, or smashes a valuable vase. In these scenarios, public liability insurance takes care of the costs. Accidental damage, theft, loss, injury, and illness are all protected against in the policy, with liability cover up to £5 million.
* Please refer to your policy details. Accidental damage cover is an optional extra which can be included in your policy.
Emergency Travel Costs Cover
Estonia is around 2000 thousand miles from the UK. So, if your house suffers damage or loss, you’ll want to hop on a plane at late notice to resolve the issue. That’s where emergency travel insurance offers support—covering the costs incurred when returning to your holiday home.
Loss of Rent and Alternative Accommodation Cover
Following a claim, we will pay for alternative accommodation if your house is uninhabitable. Also, any loss of rent incurred from cancelled bookings is covered—meaning you won’t lose out if a disaster strikes during a busy rental schedule.
Choose Intasure, and you’ll have protection whether your property is occupied or not. Escaped metered water or oil is covered for up to 60 days when your property is left vacant.
What property types can I cover?
Whether you own a modern apartment in Tallinn or a countryside chalet, we can arrange cover. Here are the properties we typically protect:
How much does holiday home insurance in Estonia cost?
There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to holiday home insurance; however, there are several factors that impact cost, including:
- Size of your property – the larger your property, the higher your insurance costs.
- Age and condition of your property – newer properties that require fewer renovations typically have smaller premiums.
- The contents within your property – a property that houses high-value possessions is likely to incur higher insurance costs.
- Facilities on your property’s land – properties with extra facilities, such as outbuildings, can attract higher premiums.
Why choose Intasure?
Our people have vast knowledge of Estonia’s unique property rules and regulations. Other things you can expect:
- All our policies are adapted in line with any regulatory changes.
- Understanding of Estonia’s laws and tax requirements.
- Bespoke policies tailored to the level of cover you need.
- Up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability.
- 24/7 English-speaking customer service.
- Get a quote and buy a policy online within minutes.
Holiday Home Insurance Estonia FAQs
Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.