Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Is your listed holiday home properly protected?

A holiday home can be a profitable investment with a high return, especially if it’s located in one of the UK’s holiday ‘hotspots’ like Devon, Cornwall, the Lake District or the South Coast. Managed properly, it can deliver year-round revenue and a steady income. However, there is plenty to think about before you rent your home out to paying guests or buy a listed property as your own private holiday home. That includes making sure you have suitable insurance, which can be especially important if you have a Grade II listed property.

As the owner of a listed home, you already understand the importance of protecting your valuable asset. At Intasure we want to make it easy for you to get adequate protection combined with flexibility to insure you against loss and damage.

From cover that will help you pay for a listed property rebuild to covering outbuildings, swimming pools and hot tubs, our insurance for Grade II listed holiday homes can give you peace of mind and the reassurance that your investment has protection.

A sales team at the end of the phone

If you have any questions about your listed building holiday home insurance, we’re just a phone call away. The Intasure policy offers a host of benefits, but one of the key advantages is our 15 years’ experience in home insurance. We’re here to help resolve problems and answer your questions about holiday home insurance for listed properties.

How much cover do I get*?

Grade II listed home insurance is designed to recalculate the rebuild value for most properties. So on average, you’ll likely find policies have a blanket cover of up to £1million. There are exceptions to this, such as properties built before 1850 or those with more than 10 bedrooms.

Insurance for Grade II listed holiday houses can also include cover for other parts of your property, such as outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs.

If you have detached outbuildings (that are not used for holiday rents) then we can add an additional cover to ensure  it is included in  the rebuild clause to your policy. If you have a conservatory on your holiday cottage we can cover that up to a certain limit under rebuilding costs too.

What if it’s not rented out all year round?

We understand that this is a holiday home and there may be times when the property is left empty for a longer time period. There are generally certain provisions for insurance for Grade II listed holiday homes that are not occupied all year round.

One provision may be that your holiday home does have to be occupied at least once during the year, and be in a habitable state and furnished to qualify as a holiday house. If you have any questions about the regulations regarding occupancy, please don’t hesitate to call our team.

What type of listed buildings are covered?

We cover a wide range of cottages and houses with our listed building insurance cover, including private dwellings granted Grade II or Grade II* status. In Scotland, we can cover buildings granted B and C status.

Listed buildings include those classified as Standard construction, as well as:

  • Standard construction

  • Wattle and daub

  • Lathe and plaster

  • Timber Framed

  • Cob

Is there any type of listed holiday home you don’t insure?

We do not offer cover for Grade I and Grade A listed properties or thatched properties.

What benefits are included in insurance for Grade II listed buildings?

As well as providing you with cover for the building itself, our holiday home policies have a list of ‘optional extras’. They include*:

  • Optional accidental damage cover for family & tenants
  • Optional theft by tenant cover
  • Loss of rent cover up to £25,000 – for confirmed bookings following an insured loss under buildings cover
  • Alternative accommodation cover – following an insured loss under buildings cover
  • Emergency travel/accommodation cover – following an insured loss
  • Public liability cover up to £5million included as standard
  • Protection for outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs

Intasure Customer Reviews

Find out more with Intasure

If you have a listed building you want to rent out as a holiday home, or even one that you want to keep as your own private country escape, we can help. Our friendly, professional sales team can provide you with cover for your listed building.

With 15 years’ experience in the insurance industry, we’re always here to find you a suitable policy for your holiday home.

Find out more from Intasure by calling us on 0345 111 0680 today.

*This provides you with a summary of the cover, policy limits and exclusions may apply, please see the policy wording for precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Ref: WB15-2021b

callback refer a friend Eu Residents