Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0345 111 0680

Protect your second property with holiday home insurance in Spain.

Every holiday home is different, carrying a unique set of risks. Therefore, your holiday home insurance will depend on several factors, ranging from local regulations to the region’s climate. Whether you plan to offer holiday letting will also affect your policy. So, if you‘re buying a holiday home in Spain or switching insurance providers, you’ll first need to consider numerous factors.

For example, many villas and apartments have pools or outbuildings — do you need cover for these? If you do, you can be assured that they can be protected under a policy with Intasure’s Spanish holiday home insurance products.

We provide property insurance shaped by the most common scenarios that second-homeowners in Spain face. So, call our friendly specialists today to arrange cover for your property whether it’s a villa, apartment, townhouse, or caravan.

What is Spanish holiday home insurance?

Spanish holiday home insurance provides cover for second properties across Spain. Considering safeguarding your property with a specialist policy built for the challenges and risks associated with owning a property overseas can be important.

For instance, the warmer Spanish weather means more time by the swimming pool. Regular home insurance policies may not cover swimming pools, and they may require specialist cover to protect against damage and injury. Choose Intasure, and you can have a policy that factors in both.

Planning to leave your holiday home in Spain unoccupied for long periods? Then, our cover offers protection when you’re not there — especially useful during the winter months.

What does Spanish holiday home insurance cover?

Spanish holiday home insurance includes similar cover to your primary home insurance policy, so it includes buildings (up to £1 million) and contents protection. We also offer cover for people planning to let their property.

Buildings and contents insurance – Risks covered:

  • Damage to building or contents caused by a natural disaster.
  • Escape of water, sewage, or oil from household appliances such as washing machines or dishwashers.
  • Theft

  • Accidental damage.*

* Please refer to your policy details, accidental damage cover is an optional extra which can be included in your policy.

Intasure’s Spanish holiday home insurance also covers:

  • Your property whether it’s occupied or not (and up to 60 days unoccupancy for loss of metered water or oil).
  • Damages to outbuildings and related structures, such as garages and pools.
  • Loss of rent following an insured claim.
  • Cost of alternative accommodation after making an insured claim.
  • Public liability up to £5 million.

Are you planning to make additional income and contribute to your costs by letting your property? If so, you can be assured that our overseas holiday insurance includes public liability for insured claims up to £5 million. This protection can safeguard you if a guest or third-party gets injured, falls ill, or dies while staying in your property.

Spain is only a short flight from the UK; however, booking last-minute tickets is often expensive. That’s why we pay for emergency travel costs for insured claims as part of our standard policy, so you’re not left out of pocket when a crisis strikes.

Additionally, we can cover the loss of rent following a successful claim. And should a leaky pipe or structural damage render your property uninhabitable, we’ll pay for hotel costs.

Choose Intasure, and you’ll have protection when your property is occupied or up to 60 days if left vacant. For context, some competing policies extend unoccupancy cover to a shorter window.

What Spanish property types can I cover?

There’s a wide variety of property types for holidaymakers to enjoy in Spain. So, you’ll find Intasure Spanish holiday home insurance policies offering protection for a variety of structures, including:

If you are unsure whether your property type is covered by our policy, please get in touch with our specialist team who will be more than happy to help.

How much does Spanish holiday home insurance cost?

Your Spanish holiday home insurance premium is based on several factors, including:

  • The location of your property – Properties situated in the city centre or popular beachside spots may attract higher premiums than apartments or villas based out of town.
  • Size – Large properties or those with distinctive features and complexes (e.g., outbuildings, pools, or hot tubs) typically have higher premiums.
  • Age – Modern properties with fully functioning electrics and water systems are more likely to have lower premiums.
  • Contents – Minimising the amount of valuables you store in your holiday home can reduce your quote.

Why choose Intasure?

There are many advantages to purchasing Spanish holiday home insurance with Intasure, including:

  • Specialist knowledge of insuring properties in Spain.
  • High level of cover—up to £1 million buildings cover and £5 million public liability.
  • Emergency travel cover following an insured claim.
  • Loss of rent cover following an insured claim.
  • Cover whether property is occupied or not.
  • An English-speaking customer service team.

Unlike many generalised insurance providers, Intasure specialise in holiday home cover. That means we have a deep understanding of the regulations for insuring holiday homes in Spain, and several decades of experience shapes our cover.

Moreover, we offer dedicated customer support. Our representatives are also fluent UK-based English speakers, which gives you added peace of mind if a problem does arise. They’ll support you from day one through to renewal, making any modifications along the way and handling claims.

Get an insurance quote for your holiday home in Spain today or contact our UK team on 0345 111 0680 for more information.

Holiday Home Insurance Spain FAQ

Please note that these Frequently Asked Questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation

What does Spanish holiday home insurance not cover?2022-02-11T16:30:53+00:00

The following scenarios are not covered by our policies:

  • Damage caused by faulty workmanship, construction materials or design.
  • Damage caused by a family or guest’s pet.
  • Malicious damage by guests and third parties lawfully in the property.
Do I need both buildings and contents insurance for my Spanish holiday home?2022-02-11T16:28:25+00:00

Choosing both buildings and contents cover can help safeguard your property’s structure, while your belongings can be protected should damage, theft or loss come to pass. Our policy packages together cover for loss, theft and damage to your property and contents.

Do I legally need holiday home insurance for my Spanish property?2022-02-11T16:27:09+00:00

While it’s not a legal requirement to take out a holiday home insurance policy for your property in Spain, it’s worth considering for several reasons. A policy protects your investment from damage, theft, and loss, leaving you free to enjoy your holiday without the fear of something going wrong.

Intasure Customer Reviews

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

callback refer a friend Eu Residents
Go to Top