Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 01384 943 094

Home » Property insurance » Mixed Use

Insurance for Mixed Use Premises (Commercial & Residential)

Not all commercial and residential property is entirely separate. Sometimes, you’ll find that residential units are part of a commercial property, such as a shop or office on the ground floor with residential flats above. You may want to think about not splitting the two and taking out an entirely separate insurance for both the commercial property and the residential units, as you can have both under one policy.

Why choose insurance for your Mixed-Use Property with Intasure?

Not all insurance providers offer cover for mixed-use buildings, and this can make it difficult to find suitable insurance for your requirements. However, as the freeholder or landlord of this type of property, you will need to comply with regulations pertaining to insurance, particularly if you are renting out the residential and commercial sides of the building separately.

This is particularly important if the residential units are leasehold properties. Leaseholders are usually required to show their mortgage providers that adequate building insurance is in force covering a range of perils as specified in the Council of Mortgage Lenders handbook. If you are simply renting the residential portion of the building, then we can help you with Landlords’ Contents insurance if required.

Similarly, the leaseholders or tenants of the commercial side of the building will also likely want to be sure that the landlord has suitable mixed-use building insurance in place.

Who can benefit from mixed commercial property insurance?

Mixed-use commercial and residential property insurance is particularly useful for those who manage, maintain and own mixed-use sites. This includes:

  • Management companies
  • Freeholders
  • Landlords
  • Property development companies
  • Individuals or groups of individuals in multiple-occupancy commercial and residential properties

Why chose Intasure?

Thanks to our years of experience, we understand mixed-use building insurance. It’s a type of cover that you may struggle to find on comparison sites.

Most types of commercial buildings can be covered with the residential flats either sold on leases or rented to tenants. Our commercial building insurance includes cover for*:

  •  We have many years of expertise; providing specialist cover to property owners, private & commercial, in the UK and overseas

  •  Your enquiry will be professionally handled in the UK

  •  Competetive quotes with a quick and easy telephone call-back service

  •  Our team take pride in their responsiveness and customer care, ensuring you have the correct up-to-date cover, handling claims efficiently and answering questions promptly & accurately

  •  No claims discount available

  •  Most types of commercial building can be covered with the residential flats either sold on leases or rented to tenants

Intasure Commercial Building Insurance Includes comprehensive cover for:

  •  Buildings, fixtures & fittings

  •  Rebuilding cost covers post-loss inflation

  •  Index linked values (as required by lenders)

  •  Loss of rent following a claim

  •  Property Owners Liability (including communal parts) & legal costs

Intasure Customer Reviews

Find out more with Intasure

We are specialists in mixed-used property insurance. If you’d like to find out more, Call us on 0844 963 2132 and talk to one of our sales team, or fill out our online quote form and request a call-back and we’ll get back to you.

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

request a callback refer a friend EEA Information