Call our UK Team for a Quick Quote Now – 0844 963 2132

Home » Property insurance » Buy to let

Insurance for Buy to lets

The buy-to-let market has been incredibly successful for many people, who have bought properties, renovated them and then let them out for a reliable and steady additional income stream. Becoming a landlord does bring with it a number of challenges, though, and it’s important to go into the buy-to-let market understanding that you will have to devote a lot of time managing your new investment.

Part of that management is considering buying adequate buy-to-let home insurance. At Intasure, we understand how important it is to have cover that meets your needs, whether you’re a first-time landlord or have a number of properties.

If you own or are purchasing a buy-to-let property we can provide you with specialist buy-to-let property insurance that includes buildings, contents and public liability cover.

What does buy-to-let insurance cover?

Buy-to-let insurance is designed to provide you with a wide range of standard cover if you own and let a property. This cover includes but is not restricted to:


  • Loss or damage to buildings caused by subsidence, heave or landslip and falling trees/branches, telegraph poles or lamp-posts.

  • Loss of Rent and Alternative Accommodation Expenses

  • Public Liability up to £2M

  • Contents of common parts

  • Accidental Damage cover included as standard

In addition, there are Optional Covers available in respect of:

  • Contents of Residential Units

  • Key Cover
  • Legal Expenses

What if the property is unoccupied for any length of time?

If your property is unoccupied for more than 60 days then you will need to talk to us to discuss whether your current buy-to-let insurance policy needs to be transferred over to an unoccupied property policy instead.

Do I have to have buy-to-let house insurance?

Buy-to-let property insurance provides similar cover to your household policy but is specifically designed to accommodate properties which are let to tenants. You may also find that your mortgage lender will specifically request that you have a certain kind of buy-to-let property insurance cover, especially if the property has been sold as a buy-to-let. Optional legal assistance and rent guarantee covers are also available to help further protect your investment.

Where can I get buy-to-let insurance quotes?

At Intasure, our experience in providing competitive buy-to-let property insurance policies means that you don’t have to go hunting comparison sites for buy-to-let property insurance quotes. Simply fill out our online quote form, providing us with as much detail as you can regarding your property (such as the size, its location, the age of the property and so on) and one of our sales team will call you back with a no-obligation quote.

Alternatively, you can contact our sales team direct on 0345 111 0680 and they will talk you through your options. It can be quick and easy to arrange insurance for buy-to-let properties with Intasure, so give us a call today to find out more.

Intasure Customer Reviews

*This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.

Ref: WB15-2021v

request a callback refer a friend EEA Information