What is DASK earthquake insurance?

DASK insurance is a mandatory cover that helps to protect your property in Turkey from financial losses caused by earthquakes. For full terms, conditions and exclusions relating to DASK Insurance, please refer to the DASK website.

Turkey lies in an active seismic zone, which typically endures more earthquakes than many other countries. It’s for this reason that DASK insurance is critical. Learn about how Intasure’s Turkey holiday home insurance can keep you and your property safe below.

Is DASK insurance compulsory?

Yes, the Turkish government requires all homeowners to have DASK insurance, also called compulsory earthquake insurance. For context, it’s a policy established by the World Bank and Turkish government, provided by the Turkish Catastrophe Insurance Pool.

DASK policies are revised annually, and the Turkish government makes it compulsory for people to stay up-to-date with potential changes in rules or regulations. You might not be asked to show proof of your DASK insurance but understand that you must have a policy when selling your home.

What does DASK insurance cover?

DASK insurance can reimburse you for costs associated with material damage to dwellings caused by earthquakes. In addition, incidents directly related to earthquakes are covered, such as fires or explosions, tsunamis, and landslides.

Whether your home has suffered minor or severe damage, DASK insurance can help to cover financial losses, including:

  • Foundations

    structural issues to your property that require attention.

  • Walls 

    any damage to inside or outside walls.

  • Ceiling and floors

    holes, structural damage, and more.

  • Roofs

    damage to the exterior or interior side of the roof.

  • Stairs

    all possible negative impacts to the structure.

How do I get DASK insurance?

At Intasure, we will ask you about your property and arrange a DASK insurance policy that helps to
mitigate risks.

In order to obtain a quotation for you, we require:

  • A copy of your TAPU (Title deeds)
  • Passport numbers for all those named on the TAPU
  • Turkish Tax Reference numbers for all those named on the TAPU
  • The size of your property in m2 (including any balconies and terraces)
  • The full Turkish address of the property
  • A live Intasure Holiday Home Policy must exist for the same address

Why choose Intasure?

Here are a couple of reasons why many property owners in Turkey choose to insure their properties
with us:

  • We specialise in overseas property insurance

  • We can offer a single package covering your holiday home with buildings, contents, public liability, and earthquake insurance

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 0345 111 0680

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

DASK insurance FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions, please see the policy documentation.

DASK earthquake insurance does not cover the following:

  • Debris removal costs
  • Losses not caused by earthquakes
  • Loss of rent
  • Non-material damages 

Our Turkish holiday home package can cover debris removal, demolition costs (up to £10,000), and loss of rent. So, you can consider our holiday home insurance policy in addition to DASK insurance if these forms of cover are important to you.

No, DASK insurance is a separate form of cover from home insurance. However, we do not sell standalone DASK insurance policies. With Intasure, we can provide DASK insurance alongside our Turkey Holiday Home Insurance.

Yes, unlike conventional home insurance, DASK insurance is a legal requirement across Turkey.

DASK insurance costs vary depending on risk levels in your region (there are 15 different tariff rates with five risk zones). It also changes depending on your property’s structure— for example, whether it is made from steel, concrete, stone masonry, or another material. The property size and number of floors also impact cost. DASK premiums are revised annually, and the TCIP (Turkish Catastrophe Insurance Pool) ensures they are kept affordable.
An active Intasure holiday home insurance policy must exist for the same address for us to be able to provide you with DASK insurance. You can talk to our sales team so that they can put together a package for you that includes both your holiday home insurance and your DASK insurance. If you have any questions about DASK insurance and house and contents cover for property in Turkey, get in touch. Call us on 0345 111 0680 and we’ll be happy to help.

This provides you with a summary of the cover. For precise details of cover, including the conditions and exclusions that apply, the policy document itself should be referred to.
*https://www.airbnb.co.uk/aircover-for-hosts – information correct as at March 2023

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure
on reviews.io*


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Buildings and contents insurance suitable for holiday homes let via Airbnb.

Swimming pool at a modern luxury villa, Crete, Greece

Protection for your holiday home when it’s let to paying guests.

At Intasure, we can provide an insurance solution for expat homeowners.

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Helpful articles from Intasure