Protect your caravan in the UK and abroad with caravan insurance

Intasure are caravan insurance specialists. We provide cover to help protect against risks such as damage, theft, and natural disasters.

Whether your caravan is occupied or not, we’ll work with you to help you find a suitable level of protection.

Caravan insurance cover available

What is caravan insurance?

Caravan insurance helps protect you and your caravan if something goes wrong. For instance, if your caravan and its contents are stolen or damaged or if there’s an accident.

Caravan insurance can offer financial protection to help replace stolen items and repair damage. It can also help to cover compensation fees following an insured claim.

What countries can be covered by caravan insurance?

Intasure provides caravan insurance across the UK and select countries within Europe. As specialists, we can arrange policies suited to your circumstances and travel locations.

Our static caravan cover is available for the following countries:

  • France
  • Greece
  • Italy
  • Portugal
  • Spain
  • United Kingdom (England, Wales,
    Scotland, Northern Ireland, Guernsey,
    Jersey & Isle of Man)

Remember that restrictions and exemptions in each location may affect your insurance. So, speak to our team before heading out on the road to help find cover against possible risks.

What does caravan insurance cover?

Intasure’s caravan insurance policy offers cover if your caravan or its contents are damaged in an accident or stolen. It can also cover you if your caravan causes any damage or injury to property or third parties. For example, if your caravan is involved in a collision.

Generally, cover for caravans includes the following:

  • New for old or market value

    Replaces old caravans with a new model or pays you the market value of your caravan if it’s lost, damaged, or stolen.

  • Contents

    Covers the cost to repair or replace caravan contents, including personal belongings.

  • Public liability

    Pays for fees associated with public liability claims, such as accidents and injuries.

  • Natural disasters

    Covers the cost of damage to your caravan due to fires, floods, and storms.

  • Accidental damage

    Insures you against accidental damage to your caravan and its contents — especially important if letting it out.

  • Alternative accommodation and pitch fees

    Covers the cost of alternative accommodation and pitch fees if your caravan or mobile home is unliveable.

Every caravan can have specific requirements, so speak to our dedicated team to compare caravan insurance cover. We’re here to help you find suitable protection.

Why choose caravan insurance from Intasure?

At Intasure, we offer policies tailored to your requirements. Our UK-based customer service team work with you one-on-one to help you find suitable cover for your caravan.

With over 20 years of experience, you can rely on us for specialist help finding a suitable policy. This level of care has led us to be rated 4.7 on*.

Here’s what to expect when you take out a policy with us:


Specialist caravan and holiday home insurer


Policy tailored to your needs

Public liability

Public liability insurance is included in all policies as standard

New for old

New for old or market value cover available


Protection whether your caravan is occupied or unoccupied

Policy documents

View and download policy documentation

Need some help?

Call us on 01892269073

Monday – Friday 9am – 7pm

Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm

Caravan Insurance FAQ

Please note that these frequently asked questions are not a substitute for the policy wording. For full terms and conditions please see the policy documentation.

Caravan insurance helps protect you and your caravan if something goes wrong. For instance, if your caravan and its contents are stolen or damaged or if there’s an accident. Caravan insurance can offer financial protection to help replace stolen items and repair damage. It can also help to cover compensation fees following an insured claim.

Insurance cover for caravans isn’t a legal requirement in the UK, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t consider it. Owning a caravan comes with risks, including accidental damage, theft of belongings, and public liability claims, especially if you rent it out to holidaymakers.

Without insurance, you may be personally liable to cover fees. These costs can be expensive, particularly if they involve replacing your entire caravan and its contents.

The cost of caravan insurance varies depending on several factors, including:

  • Where your caravan is parked and stored — The locations you visit can impact your premium and how many security features are present, such as cameras.
  • The age and upkeep of your caravan — You’d typically expect to pay a lower premium for a newer caravan with fewer miles on the clock.
  • The size of your caravan — Caravans and static homes with large floor plans are likely to attract higher premiums than more compact vehicles.
  • The value of your contents — Static caravans and tourers with high-value contents may have higher premiums, so avoid storing valuables on board if possible.

Our static home and mobile home insurance policies can cover periods of unoccupancy, but whether you’re covered can depend on your policy.

Therefore, homeowners must tell us if their caravan has been unoccupied for 180 consecutive days or more. Unfortunately, if you have a park home policy, accidental damages and losses aren’t covered while your property is unoccupied.

Various factors influence the extent of cover needed, including the value and type of caravan, location, and whether you rent it out. Your policy is also influenced by your choice between new for old or market value cover.

Our policies include public liability cover up to £2.5 million as standard. It means that if an insured claim arises from a guest who experiences injury, illness, or death while staying at your caravan, it can help cover the costs.

If you’re residing or staying at a holiday park, you may wish to consider whether the park allows rentals. Some park homes restrict or don’t allow any form of letting — so you may want to check beforehand.

If you let your caravan, you might also benefit from our unoccupancy cover. This can help provide protection for your caravan whether you’re present or not, but exemptions apply. You can read the policy wording for full conditions and exclusions.

Our mission as second home insurance specialists

We comprise of an in-house team of sales, renewals, customer service, claims, and underwriting specialists. Our aim is to help you find property insurance that suits your needs.


Years’ experience
providing holiday home insurance


of reviewers recommend Intasure


Countries Covered by
Our Policies

*correct as at January 2024

Specialist second home insurance from Intasure

Learn more about the cover our products provide:

Our cover is available for static caravans in the UK and overseas.

Insure your mobile home to protect it from loss or damage.

Protect your park home with an insurance policy with Intasure.

Insure your static caravan in France, Greece, Italy, Portugal or Spain.

Helpful articles from Intasure